, Guest!
Already a Member? Login or Register.

Menu

Showcase

Due to the volume of spam happening on our forums, posting is now restricted to verified members only.  If you're not verified, drop us a note with your username.

Home > FlexCMS Support Forum > User Help > General Support Requests > Web form spam

FlexCMS Support Forum

Web form spam
Started September 11, 2005 @ 12:45pm by ddelor
Post Message 
ddelor

Web form spamSeptember 11, 2005 @ 12:45pm
We are getting spam from the web form in batches of a 6-10 several times a day. I'd estimate a total a total of over 50 a day, I don't know the content as I delete them in Mailwasher. The header is below, I have changed my domain name to "mydomain" in the header. The BCC worries me, I don't want to have my email blacklisted if this going to others. Is there anyway to stop this?

rbpxig@mydomain.com
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="===============0457853816=="
MIME-Version: 1.0
Subject: b98f5ee6
To: rbpxig@mydomain.com
bcc: jrubin3546@aol.com

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============0457853816==
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

rno
--===============0457853816==--

DCSun
Administrator

September 11, 2005 @ 4:32pm
Donna,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. A fix is in the works and should be available within the next 24 hours, so please check back soon.

David

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

DCSun
Administrator

September 12, 2005 @ 2:46am
Update: An updated FlexCMS version has been released to address these problems. Please visit http://www.flexcms.com/index.php/forum/thread/83.html#3 for more information.

DCSun
Administrator

September 13, 2005 @ 6:37pm
Just a follow up to this, if you're still getting similar messages, yes they are still coming from the form, but once you've applied the recent fix there they shouldn't be able to send them anywhere other than to you. It's quite unfortunate that those sort of people are out there, but I guess the internet is just like the rest of the world. There's really no good way to prevent people from doing that sort of thing if you have a contact form or email address out there, so to a certain extent it just comes with the territory of having a website. Hopefully this person or organization will stop sending these messages through our forms once they discover they aren't working, so that should end the spam you (and we) are receiving.

In the meantime, one easy suggestion we can make is to rename your contact-submit page to something else (contact_submit, contact2, etc, or anything really, as long as it's different). You'll also need to change the places where it sends the form to contact-submit in the 'form' tag on BOTH the contact AND contact-submit pages. Once you've done that the messages should stop.

Note: If you decide to make that change, make sure you test it afterwards with both the main contact form and the second one that gets displayed if they didn't fill all the fields in. If they both work, you're all set.

David

Last Edit: September 14, 2005 @ 12:58pm by otter

Post Message 

Try & Buy FeedForAll - Easy to use RSS Feed Creator - great for iTunes users!

MEMBERS

All Contents, Code, Scripts and Technologies Copyright 2003-2009 FlexCMS.
All Rights Reserved. Software License Agreement

Processing Time: 0.08068 seconds.

Management Login