, Guest!
Already a Member? Login or Register.

Menu

Showcase

Due to the volume of spam happening on our forums, posting is now restricted to verified members only.  If you're not verified, drop us a note with your username.

Home > FlexCMS Support Forum > User Help > General Support Requests > How does a user set up a site?

FlexCMS Support Forum

How does a user set up a site?
Started March 10, 2006 @ 3:56am by skywoolf
Post Message 
skywoolf

How does a user set up a site?March 10, 2006 @ 3:56am
I have downloaded the basic version to do final tests and I am a bit confused. I have set up a welcome page etc and also registered separately as a basic member. I cannot see how the basic members can create and manage their own site.

If I enable pages for the user then the user edits the welcome page, the page I created for the main site is changed rather than a copy in his own site.

It looks like everyone would be using the same site. What I need is for each member who signs up to be able to create and manage his own site.

I have read through the training manual but cannot see anything that explains what I should do.

Please help!

Last Edit: March 10, 2006 @ 3:58am by skywoolf
otter
Administrator

March 10, 2006 @ 4:50am
Hi Frank,

You could potentially give your users their own page(s) on the site, however as you mentioned it's difficult to administer that. FlexCMS currently doesn't offer a way to let only the user who created their page edit it, so it sounds like FlexCMS may not be suited to what you're trying to accomplish that way.

Probably the best option would be to make separate FlexCMS installations on folders of your site. That would allow your users to have complete control over all their pages and modules, as well as other areas such as the preferences and site template.

Otter

ONLINE TRAINING CLASSES FOR FLEXCMS IN MAY: FlexCMS Basics (101), Sat., May, 15, 2010 & FlexCMS Blocks (Mon., May 10, 2010).

skywoolf

March 10, 2006 @ 8:53am
Oh hell! It looks like I have wasted a lot of time. I was under the impression that flex was a multi-user, multi-site system. Not one site with lots of users.Sad Good thing I was delayed making the payment.

Many thanks for your help. I will go back to checking out the multisite systems.

Best regards

Frank

otter
Administrator

March 10, 2006 @ 12:24pm
Hey Frank,

It's always good to ask questions before you buy and am glad you found the answers so you could get what you are looking for. Rest assured, had you paid for a license and then asked these questions after the fact, we would have gladly given you a refund once we knew you were on the wrong track.

Best of luck to you in finding what you desire.

otter

ONLINE TRAINING CLASSES FOR FLEXCMS IN MAY: FlexCMS Basics (101), Sat., May, 15, 2010 & FlexCMS Blocks (Mon., May 10, 2010).

Post Message 

Try & Buy FeedForAll - Easy to use RSS Feed Creator - great for iTunes users!

MEMBERS

All Contents, Code, Scripts and Technologies Copyright 2003-2009 FlexCMS.
All Rights Reserved. Software License Agreement

Processing Time: 0.07397 seconds.

Management Login