, Guest!
Already a Member? Login or Register.

Menu

Showcase

Due to the volume of spam happening on our forums, posting is now restricted to verified members only.  If you're not verified, drop us a note with your username.

Home > FlexCMS Support Forum > User Help > General Support Requests > Featured Products default code?

FlexCMS Support Forum

Featured Products default code?
Started August 23, 2007 @ 5:47am by webwench
Post Message 
webwench

Featured Products default code?August 23, 2007 @ 5:47am
Hi there, thanks again for helping me so quickly! I have a couple of small questions...

1. I deleted the default "Featured Product" code, and unchecked the php function. Would you please post that code for me? (Now that I've installed the STORE module, I'd like to use this LOL)

2. On the shopping cart, I don't see an option for the PayPal encryption info. If we have our PayPal account set up to only take encrypted button codes, our payments get cancelled. Is there a work around for this?

Embarrassed That's all I can think of for now. I'm so impressed with this script!

otter
Administrator

August 23, 2007 @ 12:05pm
Greetings Web Wench!

I've created the block code you need to replace the Featured Product. You'll find that here:

http://www.flexcms.com/index.php/forum/thread/268.html

------------------

As for your PayPal question. There is currently no option to add PayPal encrypted code to the final checkout screen, only the standard code. Since PayPal is a widely used service we'd be happy to look into adding that option, however it very well may not be possible for FlexCMS to create the encryption the same as PayPal's system does.

Should the above not work, another option would be to get PayPal IPN (Instant Payment Notification) working, which would serve as a verification that the payment was correct and for a real order. It should also be noted, though, that to get to the final step of the checkout system where the PayPal code is located, you would have to add an item to your shopping cart, register or log into an account on the site, and enter your billing and shipping information, which should serve to keep out pretty much any of the usual suspects who would try to mess with your PayPal code the way they might on an HTML pages setup where you had Buy Now or Add To Cart buttons for each product right on the page.

If you would like to proceed with the above, send an email to our and we'll go from there.

Thanks!

otter

ONLINE TRAINING CLASSES FOR FLEXCMS IN MAY: FlexCMS Basics (101), Sat., May, 15, 2010 & FlexCMS Blocks (Mon., May 10, 2010).

Post Message 

Try & Buy FeedForAll - Easy to use RSS Feed Creator - great for iTunes users!

MEMBERS

All Contents, Code, Scripts and Technologies Copyright 2003-2009 FlexCMS.
All Rights Reserved. Software License Agreement

Processing Time: 0.11255 seconds.

Management Login