, Guest!
Already a Member? Login or Register.

Menu

Showcase

Due to the volume of spam happening on our forums, posting is now restricted to verified members only.  If you're not verified, drop us a note with your username.

Home > FlexCMS Support Forum > User Help > General Support Requests > Adding a favicon question

FlexCMS Support Forum

Adding a favicon question
Started September 15, 2005 @ 6:13pm by ddelor
Post Message 
ddelor

Adding a favicon questionSeptember 15, 2005 @ 6:13pm
I have a favicon I would like to add a link to in my header but not sure which file that is. How & where would I add <link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico" > ?

DCSun
Administrator

September 15, 2005 @ 6:54pm
Donna,

Yes, that's all the code you'll need and it should work fine. Just make sure you update the favicon.ico part to point to the actual image wherever you upload it.

Probably the best way would be to add it to whatever template you're using (template.php file in the template folder), down towards the bottom where the other meta tags are.

You may want to make a note of this somewhere because your addition may be wiped out with a future version if the template files are updated.

David

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

Last Edit: September 15, 2005 @ 7:11pm by DCSun
DCSun
Administrator

January 16, 2010 @ 9:52pm
Update: Mark sent us this code which you can add to your template's head section (just above the </head> tag). It works with both Firefox and IE. Just drop your favicon.ico file into the root of your site and add the code to your template.

Code

<link rel="shortcut icon" type="image/x-icon" href="'.$BaseURL.'/favicon.ico">
<link rel="shortcut icon" type="image/vnd.microsoft.icon" href="'.$BaseURL.'/favicon.ico">

Thanks for the contribution Smile

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

Last Edit: January 16, 2010 @ 9:52pm by DCSun

Post Message 

Try & Buy FeedForAll - Easy to use RSS Feed Creator - great for iTunes users!

MEMBERS

All Contents, Code, Scripts and Technologies Copyright 2003-2009 FlexCMS.
All Rights Reserved. Software License Agreement

Processing Time: 0.07261 seconds.

Management Login