, Guest!
Already a Member? Login or Register.

Menu

Showcase

Due to the volume of spam happening on our forums, posting is now restricted to verified members only.  If you're not verified, drop us a note with your username.

Home > FlexCMS Support Forum > User Help > General Support Requests > Installation Problem @ step 3

FlexCMS Support Forum

Installation Problem @ step 3
Started October 27, 2005 @ 7:11am by AG
Post Message 
AG

Installation Problem @ step 3October 27, 2005 @ 7:11am
I am trying to install FlexCMS on my PC before I'll try to use it on the internet.

I run the install.php script and after completing step 2, I get the following error message:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\web2\install.php on line 234

Please advise.

I'm using:
Windows XP Professional SP2
IIS ver 5.1
PHP ver 3.0
MySQL server ver 5.0.15-nt

DCSun
Administrator

October 27, 2005 @ 1:28pm
Hi AG,

From the sounds of that error message, PHP was not installed/compiled with MySQL support. Have a look at your PHPInfo page and see what it says about MySQL there.

Please also note that FlexCMS, as well as almost any current script out there, requires at least PHP 4.1. If you actually are at version 3.0, that may be a source of some of your problems as well.

David

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

Last Edit: October 27, 2005 @ 1:41pm by DCSun
AG

October 29, 2005 @ 12:30pm
Hi David,

You are absolutely correct with your assumption. The problem was due to bad PHP installation. I installed PHP version 5 and then had to manually install and configure the php_mysql.dll extension. After doing that the script run ok and I managed to complete step 3 but now I'm stuck at stage 5. I get the following message and I cannot understand what I am doing wrong:

Field 'NotifyBoards' doesn't have a default value

Please advise.

Thanks.

DCSun
Administrator

October 29, 2005 @ 3:05pm
I don't think I've ever seen that error message before from a FlexCMS installation. Were you continuing on from your previous attempted installation, or did you remove all the files and database and start again?

David

AG

October 30, 2005 @ 2:58am
At first I continues the previous installation but after your response, I started fresh with a new database and everything and got the same error message.

AG

DCSun
Administrator

October 30, 2005 @ 5:51am
Do you have a PHPinfo I could take a look at?

Please email it to support@flexcms.com.

Last Edit: October 30, 2005 @ 1:43pm by otter

Post Message 

Try & Buy FeedForAll - Easy to use RSS Feed Creator - great for iTunes users!

MEMBERS

All Contents, Code, Scripts and Technologies Copyright 2003-2009 FlexCMS.
All Rights Reserved. Software License Agreement

Processing Time: 0.07641 seconds.

Management Login