, Guest!
Already a Member? Login or Register.

Menu

Showcase

Due to the volume of spam happening on our forums, posting is now restricted to verified members only.  If you're not verified, drop us a note with your username.

Home > FlexCMS Support Forum > User Help > General Support Requests > Installation - "Internal Server Error"

FlexCMS Support Forum

Installation - "Internal Server Error"
Started December 7, 2005 @ 2:22am by jell144
Post Message 
jell144

Installation - "Internal Server Error"December 7, 2005 @ 2:22am
"Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request."

"Log file:
[2005-12-06 22:26:42]: error: directory is writable by others: (/home/instan84/public_html/flex)
[client 83.109.240.186] File does not exist: /home/instan84/public_html/500.shtml"

FlexCMS v1.3.1 Full

This was the immediate respons when executing install.php.
Don't know what to change to continue.

Jell

DCSun
Administrator

December 7, 2005 @ 9:00am
Hi Jell,

It sounds like your server is setup to not allow the highest permission levels on files and/or folders. The error message "error: directory is writable by others: (/home/instan84/public_html/flex)" would indicate to me that you need to lower the permissions on that folder to make it no longer writable from groups other than the owner.

Probably the easiest way to change the permissions on the folder would be through your FTP package. You may need to consult the manual for your particular package to find out how that's done.

David

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

jell144

Internal Server Error solutionDecember 7, 2005 @ 6:16pm
When I took away public write permission on flex directory and all 4 uploaded installation files, including install.php, the installation run smoothless.

When starting up FlexCMS the initial error message reappeared (the log file indicated index.php was the problem)

When I tool away public write permission here too there was no more problem.

Post Message 

Try & Buy FeedForAll - Easy to use RSS Feed Creator - great for iTunes users!

MEMBERS

All Contents, Code, Scripts and Technologies Copyright 2003-2009 FlexCMS.
All Rights Reserved. Software License Agreement

Processing Time: 0.07973 seconds.

Management Login