, Guest!
Already a Member? Login or Register.

Menu

Showcase

Due to the volume of spam happening on our forums, posting is now restricted to verified members only.  If you're not verified, drop us a note with your username.

Home > FlexCMS Support Forum > User Help > General Support Requests > Error when sending 100's of newsletters

FlexCMS Support Forum

Error when sending 100's of newsletters
Started January 23, 2006 @ 7:30am by dow
Post Message 
dow

Error when sending 100's of newslettersJanuary 23, 2006 @ 7:30am
After I hit send(for sending a newsletter), I get "The page cannot be displayed"
for the following page:
http://americasbestonline.net/flexcms/index.php/admin/newsletter_send

I do not remember getting this error when I only had 3 or 4 emails on my subscription list. After I added several hundred email, then it started to happen.

I know some of the subscribers got the email, but I do not know if all got it.

otter
Administrator

January 23, 2006 @ 12:22pm
Hi Dow,

The "Page Cannot Be Displayed" can happen for any number of reasons, from ISP and server connection issues to PC and server processing bottlenecks. Most often they occur because the link between the PC and server was disrupted, or the page took too long to load and the browser gave up.

I don't believe the number of subscribers you have makes a difference as we have several clients with subscription lists over 900 who send out on a regular basis with no problems.

In terms of people getting your newsletter, if it appears in your newsletter archive then it got through the whole list of emails as it only posts when all emails have been sent, so no worries there.

Has this happened more than once or just once with your current list of subscribers? If it's an isolated incident, it could be the factors mentioned above. Let us know if it happens again and we'll do our best to assist you further.

Otter

ONLINE TRAINING CLASSES FOR FLEXCMS IN MAY: FlexCMS Basics (101), Sat., May, 15, 2010 & FlexCMS Blocks (Mon., May 10, 2010).

Post Message 

Try & Buy FeedForAll - Easy to use RSS Feed Creator - great for iTunes users!

MEMBERS

All Contents, Code, Scripts and Technologies Copyright 2003-2009 FlexCMS.
All Rights Reserved. Software License Agreement

Processing Time: 0.07619 seconds.

Management Login