, Guest!
Already a Member? Login or Register.

Menu

Showcase

Due to the volume of spam happening on our forums, posting is now restricted to verified members only.  If you're not verified, drop us a note with your username.

Home > FlexCMS Support Forum > User Help > General Support Requests > User Info won't change

FlexCMS Support Forum

User Info won't change
Started February 24, 2006 @ 12:55am by ddelor
Post Message 
ddelor

User Info won't changeFebruary 24, 2006 @ 12:55am
We had a user that wanted to edit some of their information. I have it set to allow registered users to do this. One user wrote me he could not change his user name so I offered to do it for him.

Well, it didn't work for me either but I didn't get the screen that said I don't have permission like he did (I checked the settings again after hearing from him), I just got tossed back to the main control panel page. I think in the past I use to get a page that an email had been sent so not being sure, I checked and sure enough the information change did not take.

Things are weird since the host upgraded the servers and ours is suppose to be 755 on folders and 644 on files, could this be a permission problem? I noticed some files are 777 from the original installation so I am not sure if I should try to change any of them, which ones and to what setting as this was working just a few days ago.

Thanks!

DCSun
Administrator

February 24, 2006 @ 5:37pm
Hi Donna,

Yes, this was a bug in the profiles system, which only affected changes to the username. All other information could be changed as normal.

This fix will be included in the next release. You can take advantage of it now by downloading this file: http://www.flexcms.com/downloads/inc-core-profile-edit-save.zip and replacing the inc-core-profile-edit-save.php file on your site with the one in the zip.

Please let us know if you need assistance applying the fix.

Thanks,
David

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

Last Edit: February 24, 2006 @ 5:38pm by DCSun

Post Message 

Try & Buy FeedForAll - Easy to use RSS Feed Creator - great for iTunes users!

MEMBERS

All Contents, Code, Scripts and Technologies Copyright 2003-2009 FlexCMS.
All Rights Reserved. Software License Agreement

Processing Time: 0.08027 seconds.

Management Login