, Guest!
Already a Member? Login or Register.

Menu

Showcase

Due to the volume of spam happening on our forums, posting is now restricted to verified members only.  If you're not verified, drop us a note with your username.

Home > FlexCMS Support Forum > User Help > General Support Requests > Forced ads and Java Script

FlexCMS Support Forum

Forced ads and Java Script
Started March 9, 2006 @ 9:50am by frankwoolf
Post Message 
frankwoolf

Forced ads and Java ScriptMarch 9, 2006 @ 9:50am
Can somebody please tell me if I can force ads on all my users pages (in headers and/or footers) and if javascript will work OK in those ads?

I have over 600 clubs in my motorcycle federation that I hope will sign up if I buy Flex CMS and I depend on Google ads served by PHPAdsNew to cover costs.

DCSun
Administrator

March 9, 2006 @ 10:02am
Hi frankwoolf,

Yes, you have a couple different options to add your advertising to the sites.

One would be to create them in blocks, and change the edit permission level of those blocks to one the other managers of the site cannot edit. This will display them but they will not be able to modify or remove them.

Another option would be to add them directly to any templates you will be offering. The FlexCMS templates are created with PHP and HTML, so you have many options there to integrate it directly with your ad serving system, or just insert your codes there.

And yes, JavaScript will work just fine, as will anything else that you would use in a web page such as IFrames, Flash, and Java.

Thanks,
David

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

Last Edit: March 9, 2006 @ 10:05am by DCSun
frankwoolf

March 9, 2006 @ 9:24pm
Many thanks. I am convinced and will go ahead with buying Flex. As a Mac user my only remaining concern is the fact that the WYSIWYG editor doesn't work with any Mac browsers. Its going to be difficult to help users when I can't even see it Worried

Any idea when the new version with this problem fixed will be released?

otter
Administrator

March 9, 2006 @ 9:53pm
Hi Frank,

The editor itself isn't in need of a fix as much as it was/is intended to be used via IE only. It is certainly something we intend to change.

We'll be developing a new editor for a future release of FlexCMS (I cannot tell you when at this time) which should fix Mac issues and overall give our users even more flexibility!

In the meantime we suggest Mac users download a third party free HTML Mac compatible editor and then cut and paste the HTML code into a FlexCMS page.

Thanks!

otter

ONLINE TRAINING CLASSES FOR FLEXCMS IN MAY: FlexCMS Basics (101), Sat., May, 15, 2010 & FlexCMS Blocks (Mon., May 10, 2010).

skywoolf

March 10, 2006 @ 3:41am
Ouch! I thought a Mac compatible editor like My Genesis, etc have was planned for the near future. Now it sounds like it is a "Maybe someday" low priority.

otter
Administrator

March 10, 2006 @ 4:22am
Hi Frank,

Again, we do have a Mac compatible editor in the works for a future release of FlexCMS. It is NOT a low priority at all to us, but we do have many other priorities as well.

I believe in an email you told me you can emulate IE via Safari, if that's the case, perhaps that would give you a work around for your users. If not, again, all I can suggest for now is to try a free third party HTML editor compatiable to Mac for your users.

Otter

ONLINE TRAINING CLASSES FOR FLEXCMS IN MAY: FlexCMS Basics (101), Sat., May, 15, 2010 & FlexCMS Blocks (Mon., May 10, 2010).

Post Message 

Try & Buy FeedForAll - Easy to use RSS Feed Creator - great for iTunes users!

MEMBERS

All Contents, Code, Scripts and Technologies Copyright 2003-2009 FlexCMS.
All Rights Reserved. Software License Agreement

Processing Time: 0.38908 seconds.

Management Login