, Guest!
Already a Member? Login or Register.

Menu

Showcase

Due to the volume of spam happening on our forums, posting is now restricted to verified members only.  If you're not verified, drop us a note with your username.

Home > FlexCMS Support Forum > User Help > General Support Requests > Can't remove ? from the end of ScriptName

FlexCMS Support Forum

Can't remove ? from the end of ScriptName
Started March 16, 2006 @ 7:04pm by aaronberg
Post Message 
aaronberg

Can't remove ? from the end of ScriptNameMarch 16, 2006 @ 7:04pm
I'm trying to use prettier URL's in flex and it seems I'm stuck with a '?' after the scriptname.
What I had done is set up an apache rewrite rule to rewrite /page/ into /index.php?/ which does correctly redirect to the intended page. However, when I change the script name to 'page' in flex, it automatically appends the '?' to every url it generates anyway.

Is there a way to get it to stop adding the '?' ?

-Aaron

DCSun
Administrator

March 16, 2006 @ 7:08pm
Aaron,

What operating system (Windows, Linux, FreeBSD, etc) and serving software (Apache or IIS most likely) is the server running?

David

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

aaronberg

March 16, 2006 @ 7:30pm
Server info is:

Linux
mysql 4.x
apache 2.x

DCSun
Administrator

March 16, 2006 @ 7:39pm
FlexCMS should function just fine on Linux without the ? in the query string, so I'm not sure where the problem is.

It's possible the query string patch for Windows got installed accidentally through the installation package. That adds a ? to the end of the query string to make up for shortcomings in Windows (imagine that!) which prevent it from correctly recognizing the query string without a ? in it.

You can check this by going into the database, locating the core-Settings table, and looking at the value of the "WindowsQSPatch" row. It should be "n".

If that's not the problem, you can provide us with FTP access and a FlexCMS administrator/level 100 account on the site to and we'll look into it further for you.

David

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

aaronberg

March 17, 2006 @ 4:08pm
You were right, the 'WindowsQSPatch' was on. That sorted out the '?' problem just fine. Of course, I ran into an additional snag (which is now fixed).
The short of it is I had to modify index.php to explode $QS by '/index.php' if $Settings['ScriptName'] was not equal to 'index.php'.

All sorted out now, thanks for the help!

Post Message 

Try & Buy FeedForAll - Easy to use RSS Feed Creator - great for iTunes users!

MEMBERS

All Contents, Code, Scripts and Technologies Copyright 2003-2009 FlexCMS.
All Rights Reserved. Software License Agreement

Processing Time: 0.07817 seconds.

Management Login