, Guest!
Already a Member? Login or Register.

Menu

Showcase

Due to the volume of spam happening on our forums, posting is now restricted to verified members only.  If you're not verified, drop us a note with your username.

Home > FlexCMS Support Forum > User Help > General Support Requests > Norwegian Language

FlexCMS Support Forum

Norwegian Language
Started March 25, 2006 @ 11:45am by buskerud
Post Message 
buskerud

Norwegian LanguageMarch 25, 2006 @ 11:45am
Hi,

I'm interesteted in using FlexCMS.
Can you please tell the files I have to edit/translate into Norwegian to present a totally Norwegian site.

Bjorn

otter
Administrator

March 25, 2006 @ 3:52pm
Hi Bjorn,

In order to translate FlexCMS into your language, you'll need to convert the English strings. They are all stored in a central file for each language, and then selectable in the control panel of the site.

Please note that FlexCMS 2.0 is due out soon so you may want to wait to begin your translation with the new version.

Here ares some rules and tips to assist you in your translation process:

1) Start with the ENGLISH language file, NOT another language that's already been translated. Make sure you make a COPY of the inc-core-lang-english.php file before beginning your work so you don't lose the existing English translation file.

2) DO NOT simply do a search and replace through this file using a transaltion dictionary. To create an accurate translation you MUST have a good working knowledge of the language and translate the sentences individually as you go.

3) All single quotes must be escaped with backslashes

Code

\'

and all lines must remain as they are, with just the text between the quotes changed.

4) Please DO NOT translate any comments contained in this language file. They should be left as they are in English.

And finally, - CONTACT US BEFORE STARTING. There may already be others working on the language you plan to translate, so please contact us before starting to avoid duplicated translations.

Currently we have translations in progress for: German and French

Once you have your language file ready, we'd love to share it with other users so be sure to email us your file (support@flexcms.com).

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Thanks!

otter

ONLINE TRAINING CLASSES FOR FLEXCMS IN MAY: FlexCMS Basics (101), Sat., May, 15, 2010 & FlexCMS Blocks (Mon., May 10, 2010).

buskerud

Norwegian LanguageMarch 25, 2006 @ 7:50pm
Hi Otter,

OK, I'll wait for your latest version, do you know when FlexCMS 2.0 will be released ?
I'm looking forward to see the 2.0 version in action, your script are really look good.

Regards
Bjorn

otter
Administrator

March 31, 2006 @ 6:42pm
Hi Bjorn,

Thanks for the compliment on FlexCMS - we're very proud of our product and always strive to provide not only a quality product but superior support.

We're busy working on FlexCMS 2.0 even as I type. At this time, I cannot give you an actual release date, but know this - it is close and we are busy putting the final touches on our ecomm module which has some fantastic features.

We'll be updating this topic with more info as we know more so I encourage you to check the notification box so you'll get an email when we update that topic.

Thanks!

Kel aka otter

ONLINE TRAINING CLASSES FOR FLEXCMS IN MAY: FlexCMS Basics (101), Sat., May, 15, 2010 & FlexCMS Blocks (Mon., May 10, 2010).

Post Message 

Try & Buy FeedForAll - Easy to use RSS Feed Creator - great for iTunes users!

MEMBERS

All Contents, Code, Scripts and Technologies Copyright 2003-2009 FlexCMS.
All Rights Reserved. Software License Agreement

Processing Time: 0.08804 seconds.

Management Login