, Guest!
Already a Member? Login or Register.

Menu

Showcase

Due to the volume of spam happening on our forums, posting is now restricted to verified members only.  If you're not verified, drop us a note with your username.

Home > FlexCMS Support Forum > User Help > General Support Requests > Underlined links in Main Menu block

FlexCMS Support Forum

Underlined links in Main Menu block
Started April 7, 2006 @ 6:18pm by rvdc2005
Post Message 
rvdc2005

Underlined links in Main Menu blockApril 7, 2006 @ 6:18pm
The links in my Main Menu block are currently underlined. Is there a way to not have them be underlined? (The Link Underlines options on the Modify Site Preferences page don't seem to affect the links in navigation menus.

Ron

otter
Administrator

April 7, 2006 @ 6:50pm
Hi Ron,

I realize you may have already done this but just want to clarify that you've actually changed the default settings in the Modify Site Preferences area, specifically:

Block Link Underlines:
Always On
Always Off
On, Hover Off
Off, Hover On

If so, and it's not working then we need more info as the template is operating correctly on our demo sites, etc. Please include the type of block you have created, i.e. was it from the Wizard or did you just use HTML in the block? If the later (HTML), you'll need to add class="BlockColors" to the a tag to make it reflect the settings.

For example:

<a href="http://www.cnn.com" target="_blank" class="BlockColors">CNN</a>

Let us know if this helped out.

Thanks!

otter

ONLINE TRAINING CLASSES FOR FLEXCMS IN MAY: FlexCMS Basics (101), Sat., May, 15, 2010 & FlexCMS Blocks (Mon., May 10, 2010).

Last Edit: April 7, 2006 @ 6:50pm by otter
rvdc2005

April 7, 2006 @ 9:06pm
Solved!
It turned out my browser (IE) was set to always underline hyperlinks (Tools-Internet Options-Advanced-Underline Links), and I guess the browser setting overrides the FlexCMS setting for the site. When I changed it from "Always" to "Hover," the site behaves like I want it to. I guess the underlining of links is controlled by the setting in the site visitor's browser.

Ron

Last Edit: April 7, 2006 @ 9:07pm by rvdc2005

Post Message 

Try & Buy FeedForAll - Easy to use RSS Feed Creator - great for iTunes users!

MEMBERS

All Contents, Code, Scripts and Technologies Copyright 2003-2009 FlexCMS.
All Rights Reserved. Software License Agreement

Processing Time: 0.07519 seconds.

Management Login