, Guest!
Already a Member? Login or Register.

Menu

Showcase

Due to the volume of spam happening on our forums, posting is now restricted to verified members only.  If you're not verified, drop us a note with your username.

Home > FlexCMS Support Forum > User Help > General Support Requests > Upgrade to version 2 minor problems

FlexCMS Support Forum

Upgrade to version 2 minor problems
Started June 2, 2006 @ 8:57pm by notdodgy
Post Message 
notdodgy

Upgrade to version 2 minor problemsJune 2, 2006 @ 8:57pm
Hi,

I think I have solved my problems, but they could affect others.

I have enabled the option to use index instead of index.php

Your upgrade instructions could include a reminder to save a copy of the new "index.php" as "index".
(I had a version mismatch error)

Also browser caching meant that some of the updates and new features were not seen until I reloaded the page.

Roger

ps

The new anti spam feature on the guest book that I have been testing has been 100% effective so far.Smile

otter
Administrator

June 5, 2006 @ 2:56pm
Hi Roger,

Thank you for your comments!

Your suggestion to remind people that if they have chosen to rename the core file to something else in our update instructions is a good one and duly noted.

We do have a topic in the forum about this very thing and mention at the end of it:

"Also keep in mind that you've done this when you go to install modules, patches, or upgrades."

You can find that topic here:
http://www.flexcms.com/index.php/forum/4/9/1.html

I have included it on the actual upgrade instructions online now as well and we will add it as a reminder to all next time we package FlexCMS.

As for the cached browser issue, as you probably figured out, this is nothing related to the FlexCMS install, it is dependent upon the settings in your browser. For instance, if you had your settings (under Tools, Internet, Temporary Internet files - Settings) selected to Check for newer versions of stored pages:

Every visit to the page

you wouldn't have had to refresh/reload the page to see the update.

And thanks for being a beta tester for our anti-spam Guestbook. We've heard from many that it works really well too.

otter

ONLINE TRAINING CLASSES FOR FLEXCMS IN MAY: FlexCMS Basics (101), Sat., May, 15, 2010 & FlexCMS Blocks (Mon., May 10, 2010).

Post Message 

Try & Buy FeedForAll - Easy to use RSS Feed Creator - great for iTunes users!

MEMBERS

All Contents, Code, Scripts and Technologies Copyright 2003-2009 FlexCMS.
All Rights Reserved. Software License Agreement

Processing Time: 0.07589 seconds.

Management Login