, Guest!
Already a Member? Login or Register.

Menu

Showcase

Due to the volume of spam happening on our forums, posting is now restricted to verified members only.  If you're not verified, drop us a note with your username.

Home > FlexCMS Support Forum > User Help > General Support Requests > Windows installation problems

FlexCMS Support Forum

Windows installation problems
Started June 30, 2006 @ 6:11pm by daveg
Post Message 
daveg

Windows installation problemsJune 30, 2006 @ 6:11pm
flexCMS 2.0
MySql 5.0 (setup and using with other apps)
PHP 5.2
Apache 2.2
IIS 5

install.php that comes with 2.0 runs forever and has to be killed

1.2/1.3 install.php display install screen with bits and pieces for all steps. Same result with IIS or Apache!

I'm doing this on Windows because I don't have a Linux machine. Will be using ThinkHost eventually.

DCSun
Administrator

June 30, 2006 @ 6:42pm
Hi daveg,

First off, I can tell you FlexCMS has been tested with ThinkHost and works quite well, so you shouldn't have any problems when you go to use it there.

As for getting it going on your PC, it's hard to say what might be causing your problems. If you're having identical problems with Apache and IIS, it's fairly safe to rule that out. And MySQL isn't accessed at all until further into the installation package, so I don't think that's the cause of the problems.

My best guess would be the PHP version has something new that causes problems with FlexCMS. Have you tried it with a slightly older version (4.something)?

Unfortunately since your problems are happening on a local PC, short of setting up a machine with the same software and versions, there's not a whole lot we can do to help you. FlexCMS really wasn't designed to be used locally, but we have had people successfully using it on their PC to test it out.

David

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

daveg

July 1, 2006 @ 10:44am
Unfortunately since your problems are happening on a local PC, short of setting up a machine with the same software and versions, there's not a whole lot we can do to help you. FlexCMS really wasn't designed to be used locally, but we have had people successfully using it on their PC to test it out.

I understand. I think it might be PHP because what shows up in the browser is partially parses PHP. As for 'local' my machine is actually a Win2000 Server that I use for development and testing of n-tier/Web applications. I assume that by 'not local' you're referring to Linux-hosted web servers. I've spent several days on this and it isn't worth the time. I'll just wait until I have my ThinkHost site set up and work on it there.

Thanks

DCSun
Administrator

July 1, 2006 @ 11:42am
By "local" I mean it's your own workstation or home computer, not a typical public website serving setup. The difference being that on a typical server you could give us access to go in and try and get it working for you.

David

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

Post Message 

Try & Buy FeedForAll - Easy to use RSS Feed Creator - great for iTunes users!

MEMBERS

All Contents, Code, Scripts and Technologies Copyright 2003-2009 FlexCMS.
All Rights Reserved. Software License Agreement

Processing Time: 0.07890 seconds.

Management Login