, Guest!
Already a Member? Login or Register.

Menu

Showcase

Due to the volume of spam happening on our forums, posting is now restricted to verified members only.  If you're not verified, drop us a note with your username.

Home > FlexCMS Support Forum > User Help > General Support Requests > SITE SEARCH

FlexCMS Support Forum

SITE SEARCH
Started July 5, 2006 @ 8:26pm by cberks
Post Message 
cberks

SITE SEARCHJuly 5, 2006 @ 8:26pm
Did "site search" capability make it into v2? I cannot seem to find it

Regards, Chris

DCSun
Administrator

July 5, 2006 @ 9:43pm
No, unfortunately a search feature isn't yet available in FlexCMS.

While a straight database search feature isn't all that complicated, the trouble comes in all the different types of content that can be created with FlexCMS. There's the process of having to discriminate between PHP code, HTML code, and standard text, and filter out the code from the content. Then there's also the complication of having content from all the different modules, such as articles, forum posts, and e-commerce products, all stored in their own formats and areas.

We hope to have a search feature available in a future version, but when exactly I can't really say at this point.

David

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

David

Site searchMay 31, 2007 @ 5:59am
Hi,

I'm new to FlexCMS and have started to fiddle around with it. It looks awesome and I'm very impressed with the support you're showing.

I've also been looking around in the support forum and this thread cought my interest as I'm interested in a "search article archive" function.

My question is; are you still planning a search function and, if so, when might it be available?

Thanks,
David

Post Message 

Try & Buy FeedForAll - Easy to use RSS Feed Creator - great for iTunes users!

MEMBERS

All Contents, Code, Scripts and Technologies Copyright 2003-2009 FlexCMS.
All Rights Reserved. Software License Agreement

Processing Time: 0.07456 seconds.

Management Login