, Guest!
Already a Member? Login or Register.

Menu

Showcase

Due to the volume of spam happening on our forums, posting is now restricted to verified members only.  If you're not verified, drop us a note with your username.

Home > FlexCMS Support Forum > User Help > General Support Requests > STRANGE PROBLEM

FlexCMS Support Forum

STRANGE PROBLEM
Started August 11, 2006 @ 12:26pm by cberks
Post Message 
cberks

STRANGE PROBLEMAugust 11, 2006 @ 12:26pm
I have been trying (as an experiment) to integrate another calendar program that has categories and was getting a strange error where something was being added to the other programs table call so I dropped it

but now when I try to register a new site on www.flexcmscom I get the same error "Table 'flexcms_etph.core-Blocks' doesn't exist" that is it is adding core-Blocks to the table name even on your site is this a cookie problem or something like that??

Regards, Chris

DCSun
Administrator

August 11, 2006 @ 12:57pm
Chris,

That is very strange indeed. I really can't see how a cookie would cause any problems like that, or how anything could carry over from one site to another.

We went through and tested the licenses system right now and weren't able to duplicate that problem. Can you give me some more details on exactly what you did to cause that error?

David

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

cberks

maybe code is corruptedAugust 11, 2006 @ 1:26pm
can I "upgrade" the code without affecting the database???

also I do not see how it happens when I am on your website

I will test on another pc to see if I get the same problem

cberks

same problem different pcAugust 11, 2006 @ 1:33pm
when one regsters a new site on www.flexcms.com does your code go to that wbsite??

if not how can somethihg on my pc affect working on your site :=(

DCSun
Administrator

August 11, 2006 @ 1:54pm
Chris,

First off, yes, you can simply replace your existing files with fresh copies from the update package if you think something has gone wrong there. However, I don't think that's the problem here.

No, there is no interaction with your site when you create a new license on our site. Can you give me some more details on exactly where in the process you're getting that error message, because we've been unable to reproduce it.

David

cberks

core-Blocks problemAugust 11, 2006 @ 2:57pm
I was registering a new site (a free one for now) and after filling all fields in the form when I clicked create account I got that error!!

not actually a problem until I need to register a second professional site -- question I have a professional level site at www.gmcbennington.info/bennscc and have downloaded and created a second site www.gmcbennington.info/cbarts I was expecting that to only allow me 2 addon modules but it allows me all of them as per a professional license -- so is the license for www.gmcbennington.info and I can have more than one site (ie instsallation in more than one subdirectory for the single license or do i need a second lioense???

DCSun
Administrator

August 11, 2006 @ 3:12pm
Chris,

That's so very strange. I just created a new test account on the site and created some licenses, and never encountered that error message anywhere. Can you try again and see if it was just a momentary problem? If you get that error again, you can email your password to and I'll see if it's something with your account.

As for multiple installations on one domain name, yes, they will all be whatever license level your domain name is at. You are permitted to have additional FlexCMS sites on the same domain name and license, so long as they are related to eachother and used by the same company or organization.

David

cberks

licensesAugust 11, 2006 @ 3:33pm
actually one is for my own website blog etc abd the other is for a local church so presumably I would need 2 licenses -- I plan to do my own site with just calendar and news articles modules to start with so matches FREE license if I decide to use more modules then I would need to register

can I email you my login and assword rather than put it in a forum post??

DCSun
Administrator

August 11, 2006 @ 10:54pm
Chris,

Yes, email your login details to . Posting them or any other sensitive information in the forum is probably not a great idea!

David

Post Message 

Try & Buy FeedForAll - Easy to use RSS Feed Creator - great for iTunes users!

MEMBERS

All Contents, Code, Scripts and Technologies Copyright 2003-2009 FlexCMS.
All Rights Reserved. Software License Agreement

Processing Time: 0.08521 seconds.

Management Login