, Guest!
Already a Member? Login or Register.

Menu

Showcase

Due to the volume of spam happening on our forums, posting is now restricted to verified members only.  If you're not verified, drop us a note with your username.

Home > FlexCMS Support Forum > User Help > General Support Requests > Image Permissions

FlexCMS Support Forum

Image Permissions
Started September 5, 2006 @ 11:55pm by cjmarley
Post Message 
cjmarley

Image PermissionsSeptember 5, 2006 @ 11:55pm
I setup to allow Basic members to be able to add photos but when I login as my test basic login it won't allow me to do so. I want my users to be able to add and edit their own photos.

DCSun
Administrator

September 6, 2006 @ 11:08am
Hi cjmarley,

Can you elaborate on "it won't allow me to do so"? Do the options to manage the photos and galleries not appear in the control panel for the basic user, or do you encounter some problem when attempting to use them?

David

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

cjmarley

photo gallerySeptember 6, 2006 @ 12:40pm
It doesn't show the option at all for the basic user to upload any images.

DCSun
Administrator

September 6, 2006 @ 1:10pm
I think I see what you mean now, but just to clarify, you're referring to the "Manage/Upload Images" section? In your first post you said photos so I took that to mean the Photo Gallery, rather than the images administration section.

That's a bug in that it doesn't display the link when that permission is granted, and will be fixed in the next release. In the meantime you can fix your site by opening the "inc-core-options.php" file and finding this line (approx line 384):
Code

if ($Permissions[2] == 'y' || $Permissions[18] == 'y' || $Permissions[100] == 'y') {
and replacing it with this:
Code

if ($Permissions[2] == 'y' || $Permissions[17] == 'y' || $Permissions[18] == 'y' || $Permissions[100] == 'y' || $Permissions[301] == 'y' || $Permissions[501] == 'y' || $Permissions[701] == 'y' || $Permissions[801] == 'y') {

That said, that really wasn't the intended use of that section. Its main purpose is to allow the administration of images uploaded for use in pages and articles on the site. It currently doesn't allow the images to be separated out by user, so all the images on the site will be available to modify for any users with access to that area.

If you can give us some more information about exactly what you were hoping to use this for, maybe there's something we can come up with to make it happen for you.

David

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

Post Message 

Try & Buy FeedForAll - Easy to use RSS Feed Creator - great for iTunes users!

MEMBERS

All Contents, Code, Scripts and Technologies Copyright 2003-2009 FlexCMS.
All Rights Reserved. Software License Agreement

Processing Time: 0.07410 seconds.

Management Login