, Guest!
Already a Member? Login or Register.

Menu

Showcase

Due to the volume of spam happening on our forums, posting is now restricted to verified members only.  If you're not verified, drop us a note with your username.

Home > FlexCMS Support Forum > User Help > General Support Requests > problems with licence and general installation

FlexCMS Support Forum

problems with licence and general installation
Started October 12, 2006 @ 7:28am by antistandard
Post Message 
antistandard

problems with licence and general installationOctober 12, 2006 @ 7:28am
Hi, I am having the same probs as others with installation. I have followed all steps in making install folder 777, I put all the files into the correct folder and location, and have set up my licence on the flexcms website. When I go to install.php I get the "License data could not be located for this site." So i downloaded the new install.php file that I got from this forum. This didn't work, so I put install.php?1 in the address line and followed to install.php3 page and it went blank and thats as far as I have got.

Any more suggestions?

Thanks

DCSun
Administrator

October 12, 2006 @ 10:52am
Hi antistandard,

Sorry to hear you're having problems getting FlexCMS installed. Can you give us some information about your server, such as the operating system (Windows, Linux, FreeBSD, etc), web server (IIS, Apache, etc), PHP and MySQL versions, etc? Also, is this a local machine or a public web server?

David

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

antistandard

October 12, 2006 @ 9:17pm
sure,

mac osx, apache, php and mysql versions unknown (how do i find that out?), running on a local machine and the mysql is hosted by an isp. the isp uses a linux server.

thanks for your help.

james

Last Edit: October 12, 2006 @ 9:19pm by antistandard
DCSun
Administrator

October 12, 2006 @ 11:48pm
James,

You can find out your version information by creating a PHP file such as "phpinfo.php", and placing the following in it:
Code

<?

phpinfo();

?>

Then run that from your browser and it will give you all the details of your PHP installation. You should rename it to something obscure or delete it from your server when you're done with it.

I see you created a license for the "cms" folder on your site, and when I run the installation file from that folder, I get the same error you referenced before.

I noticed, though, that it's the version 1.3 installation package there. You mentioned that you tried an alternate file from the forums, so that might be the cause of that. In any case, you should go back to the version 2.0 installation files, as that will be the most current.

My best guess would be that you don't have sockets enabled, so FlexCMS is unable to connect to our servers to retrieve the license information. After you create your PHP Info, send us a copy to and I'll see if there are any clues there that might help.

Also, if you're able to give us FTP access to that site (and would like to do so), we can go in there and see if there's anything we can figure out. FTP information should NOT be posted in the forums, so send it to the support email address above if you're doing so.

David

antistandard

October 13, 2006 @ 10:03pm
thanks for all your help.

my phpinfo details have been sent to support@flexcms.com, with subject "James phpinfo".

I tried uploading version 2 again, and the phpinfo file says that sockets are enabled. So I am not sure what else to try.

Thanks - James

DCSun
Administrator

October 13, 2006 @ 11:20pm
James,

Yes, there's nothing from that PHP Info that jumps out at me. Would you be able to give us FTP access to go in and try to get it working?

David

DCSun
Administrator

October 14, 2006 @ 5:54pm
James,

I went into your site and did some checking, and it looks like your server isn't allowing PHP to connect to the internet. The error message it returns when trying to open a socket to our server is "Permission Denied (13)".

If you're running this server yourself, go into your security/firewall settings and see if you can find the option to allow that to connect. Otherwise, contact the server administrator and see if there's anything they can do for you.

David

antistandard

October 14, 2006 @ 11:17pm
Hi David, Thanks for checking it out.
It is hosted by someone other than me, so I will contact them, although, it seems wierd because all my other sites that use php and mysql that run through that host work fine. I'll see what they say.

Thanks for your help.

James

DCSun
Administrator

October 14, 2006 @ 11:40pm
James,

Yes, the sockets being disabled shouldn't interfere with most normal PHP and MySQL operations. Although there are many uses for them, we're fairly unique in terms of CMS packages using sockets.

Obviously them making the sockets work would be the most preferable solution, so you could continue using the stock FlexCMS package. If they're unable (or more accurately, unwilling) to do that for you, we still might be able to figure something out for you, so let us know how that goes and we can go from there.

David

Post Message 

Try & Buy FeedForAll - Easy to use RSS Feed Creator - great for iTunes users!

MEMBERS

All Contents, Code, Scripts and Technologies Copyright 2003-2009 FlexCMS.
All Rights Reserved. Software License Agreement

Processing Time: 0.07578 seconds.

Management Login