, Guest!
Already a Member? Login or Register.

Menu

Showcase

Due to the volume of spam happening on our forums, posting is now restricted to verified members only.  If you're not verified, drop us a note with your username.

Home > FlexCMS Support Forum > User Help > FAQ's: Templates > Assigning Template to Module

FlexCMS Support Forum

Assigning Template to Module
Started October 28, 2006 @ 11:32am by cinder
Post Message 
cinder

Assigning Template to ModuleOctober 28, 2006 @ 11:32am
Is there a process of assigning a template, in addition to the default, to a module? What I am looking to do is make the store look different than the rest of the site.

Thanks! Cris

DCSun
Administrator

October 28, 2006 @ 12:34pm
Hi Cris,

Unfortunately we don't currently have an option in FlexCMS to assign more than one template to a site.

One thing you could do if you're handy with PHP, is add some code in the template.php file to switch it when on the store pages. It would be something like this:
Code

if ($Arguments1 == 'store') {
template 1
}
else {
template 2
}
This would have to be added to the sections of the template file you wanted to change. Keep in mind that the template file uses PHP subroutines, so they would have to be left in place and their contents modified. Also don't forget that the $Arguments1 variable has to be added to the Globals list at the top of the function.

David

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

Last Edit: October 28, 2006 @ 12:36pm by DCSun
cinder

October 28, 2006 @ 1:20pm
Ok, I'll fool around with a test site and see what I can work out. It looks fairly easy (famous last words).

Thanks for your help!

Post Message 

Try & Buy FeedForAll - Easy to use RSS Feed Creator - great for iTunes users!

MEMBERS

All Contents, Code, Scripts and Technologies Copyright 2003-2009 FlexCMS.
All Rights Reserved. Software License Agreement

Processing Time: 0.07586 seconds.

Management Login