, Guest!
Already a Member? Login or Register.

Menu

Showcase

Due to the volume of spam happening on our forums, posting is now restricted to verified members only.  If you're not verified, drop us a note with your username.

Home > FlexCMS Support Forum > User Help > General Support Requests > Error messages at installation...

FlexCMS Support Forum

Error messages at installation...
Started January 2, 2007 @ 8:19pm by olli
(This thread is currently Locked) 
olli

Error messages at installation...January 2, 2007 @ 8:19pm
Hi,
I just tried to install this cms. after step one, i get tons of error-messages...
I uploaded the two files (.data and .map) in binary, and the rest in asci. if you want to take a look at the error messages please feel free to go to : [URL Removed For Your Privacy And Protection]
this is the test- page that i use to try things...
Thank you in advance, Olli

Last Edit: January 2, 2007 @ 9:27pm by DCSun
DCSun
Administrator

January 2, 2007 @ 8:26pm
Hi olli,

Sorry to hear you're having problems getting FlexCMS installed.

From those error messages it looks like you've got a couple different problems:

- The first is that PHP is unable to create the folders and files, almost certainly because the folder you've placed everything in isn't properly permissioned. Try using your FTP program or hosting control panel to give that folder write permissions so that PHP can create the files and folders.

- The other problem looks to be the ownership of folders which are already there ("Warning: fopen(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 10241 is not allowed to access [folder] owned by uid 48 in [path]/install.php on line 160"). Try taking care of the write permissions above first, and see if that solves it for you. If not, try removing those folders which are already there (assuming they're currently empty), and let the installer create them for you.

Let us know if you're still having problems and we'll see what we can do for you.

David

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

olli

Error messages at installation...January 2, 2007 @ 8:36pm
Hi David
amazing how fast u are, it?s 2:30 AM here...Smile if u want i can give u a ftp access o the server, so u can see, that all the permissions have been set correctly, it even created the directories... After these messages i went to change permissions on the subfolders manually to 777, and run the installer again, but nothing changed...

DCSun
Administrator

January 2, 2007 @ 8:44pm
Just coming up on 9 PM here. And it's always five o'clock somewhere!

Sure, send me the FTP information and I'll see if I can get it going for you. Email it to .

David

olli

January 2, 2007 @ 9:16pm
... info?s sent... u need to navigate to the directory cms...

DCSun
Administrator

January 2, 2007 @ 9:47pm
After connecting to your site with the FTP information provided, I believe the problem lies with the configuration of the server. When the directories are created manually through FTP, and then chmodded to 777, PHP is able to write to them just fine. But folders which PHP creates itself, it's unable to write to. You may want to contact your hosting provider about this and see if there's anything they can do for you. It should be fairly easy for them to duplicate with a simple PHP script that creates a folder and then creates a file or folder within it.

In the meantime, I've uploaded the missing files in the sub folders which PHP was unable to create on its own, so with any luck you should be able to continue on and start using FlexCMS. Finish the rest of the installation package by visiting "install.php?2", and see if you're able to complete it and log into the site.

David

(This thread is currently Locked) 

Try & Buy FeedForAll - Easy to use RSS Feed Creator - great for iTunes users!

MEMBERS

All Contents, Code, Scripts and Technologies Copyright 2003-2009 FlexCMS.
All Rights Reserved. Software License Agreement

Processing Time: 0.10254 seconds.

Management Login