, Guest!
Already a Member? Login or Register.

Menu

Showcase

Due to the volume of spam happening on our forums, posting is now restricted to verified members only.  If you're not verified, drop us a note with your username.

Home > FlexCMS Support Forum > User Help > General Support Requests > Currency in Store

FlexCMS Support Forum

Currency in Store
Started January 17, 2007 @ 12:30pm by jsgypsy
Post Message 
jsgypsy

Currency in StoreJanuary 17, 2007 @ 12:30pm
Hi there, I live in the UK so obviously would like to change the currency symbol in the store to be ? rather than $. Is there a way this can be done? Thanks for your help!

DCSun
Administrator

January 17, 2007 @ 10:26pm
Hi jsgypsy,

Thanks for trying out FlexCMS for your website.

I'm sorry to say that you can't change the dollar sign with the current FlexCMS package. That's most definitely something that will be addressed in the next version with the addition of many currency options including the symbol itself, as well as the position of it, the number of decimal places, and the thousand and decimal symbols. Being the first release of the eCommerce module, there are many more features and refinements which will be added for the next version.

Most likely that will be available for beta testing within the next couple months, and fully released shortly after that. We welcome your feedback for features you would like to see changed or added, and will do our best to integrate them into future versions.

David

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

Last Edit: January 17, 2007 @ 10:28pm by DCSun
jsgypsy

January 19, 2007 @ 4:37pm
Thankyou for letting me know David. Unfortunately I have since found that I won't be able to use the script as my hosting doesn't allow for enabled sockets.

DCSun
Administrator

January 19, 2007 @ 5:02pm
Sorry to hear that your host doesn't support PHP sockets. We've come across a few that don't support them, but most decent hosts will.

Unfortunately that limits you in a lot of other ways, not just using FlexCMS. For example, to integrate any script or ecommerce package with a payment processor (bank, gateway, PayPal IPN, etc), you will also need the ability to open sockets.

We also offer some excellent hosting packages here that include FlexCMS along with optional free installation and updates, probably for less than you're paying for hosting alone right now. If you're interested you can find out more about our plans and pricing here: http://www.flexcms.com/index.php/pages/ProductsPricing.html

David

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

Post Message 

Try & Buy FeedForAll - Easy to use RSS Feed Creator - great for iTunes users!

MEMBERS

All Contents, Code, Scripts and Technologies Copyright 2003-2009 FlexCMS.
All Rights Reserved. Software License Agreement

Processing Time: 0.07879 seconds.

Management Login