, Guest!
Already a Member? Login or Register.

Menu

Showcase

Due to the volume of spam happening on our forums, posting is now restricted to verified members only.  If you're not verified, drop us a note with your username.

Home > FlexCMS Support Forum > User Help > General Support Requests > FLEXCMS installation on my site

FlexCMS Support Forum

FLEXCMS installation on my site
Started February 14, 2007 @ 5:18pm by ssqa
Post Message 
ssqa

FLEXCMS installation on my siteFebruary 14, 2007 @ 5:18pm
I'm getting error when tyring to install FLexCMS on my site:
----------
License data could not be located for this site. Please verify that you've created a license for this site and that it is valid, or for a free license that you are connected to the internet and have sockets enabled. If you believe this to be in error or require assistance, please contact us or visit the documentation and support forums available at http://www.flexcms.com
----------
\How to resolve this issue?
Thanks in advance.

DCSun
Administrator

February 14, 2007 @ 5:30pm
Hi ssqa,

Can you give us some more information about the host you're attempting to install it on? Things like operating system, serving software, php and mysql versions, etc.

Also, generally that message indicates that a connection couldn't be established to our servers to access your license information. Most often that's because either sockets aren't enabled, or because you're trying to install it on a local machine that can't connect to our servers.

David

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

ssqa

February 14, 2007 @ 6:00pm
David
Thanks the OS is windows, i have created mysql database as per the instructions, unable to change the database name on the install.php file. If needed I can give the path of files where I have FTPd flexCMS files.

DCSun
Administrator

February 14, 2007 @ 6:22pm
Feel free to send us the location. If you'd prefer not to post it in the forums, please email it to . I don't think the location alone will do much for us, though. If you'd like to include FTP information, that will allow us to go in and have a look for you.

You mentioned FTP but I just want to verify, is this a local workstation computer or a web server? Also, is this IIS, Apache, or some other serving package (if local)? Finally, have you created a PHPinfo file to see if the sockets are enabled?

David

ssqa

February 14, 2007 @ 6:43pm
David
Sentan email to the specified address.

Thanks.

DCSun
Administrator

February 14, 2007 @ 10:26pm
Since your email didn't contain any FTP information, the best I can do is give you instructions for a PHPinfo file and go from there based on what you find out.

To make one, create a blank document called phpinfo.php or something along those lines, and place this in it:

Code

<?
phpinfo();
?>

Then upload it to your server and view it through your browser.

David

ssqa

February 15, 2007 @ 3:38pm
David
Much appreciated your help on this issue, I have sent another email with the details I have got from the above script.

Thanks.

DCSun
Administrator

February 15, 2007 @ 6:33pm
After reviewing the PHPinfo contents you sent, it's pretty clear why it's not working. Your server has a number of commonly used features locked down, including the ability to open sockets. You can see the complete list in the "PHP Core" table, under the "disable_functions" section. "fsockopen" is the one FlexCMS uses to connect to our servers and retrieve your license information. Shockingly to me, even sending mail (mail) and opening files (fopen, fwrite, fread, etc) are prevented from working as well!

From what I can see you're hosted with GoDaddy, so it's strange they've locked so many features down. The only thing I can think of is that you're on a really good value plan, and to make up for the price they remove some features.

In any case, you're probably going to need to upgrade plans or switch hosts to make FlexCMS or most any other CMS package work. Most don't require you to have sockets enabled, but you will need them if you plan to do much in the way of eCommerce (even integrating PayPal IPN with your site requires sockets). Pretty much any script that has an installation package will need the ability to open and write to files, and I would imagine you'd also like to have the ability to send mail from your site!

And on a shameless self-promotion side note, you may be interested in our hosting packages which can be found here. They include a FlexCMS license and are probably not much more than what you're paying right now for hosting alone.

David

Post Message 

Try & Buy FeedForAll - Easy to use RSS Feed Creator - great for iTunes users!

MEMBERS

All Contents, Code, Scripts and Technologies Copyright 2003-2009 FlexCMS.
All Rights Reserved. Software License Agreement

Processing Time: 0.07637 seconds.

Management Login