, Guest!
Already a Member? Login or Register.

Menu

Showcase

Due to the volume of spam happening on our forums, posting is now restricted to verified members only.  If you're not verified, drop us a note with your username.

Home > FlexCMS Support Forum > User Help > General Support Requests > Links to pages - code ERROR - pls help

FlexCMS Support Forum

Links to pages - code ERROR - pls help
Started June 21, 2007 @ 5:42am by aruc97
Post Message 
aruc97

Links to pages - code ERROR - pls helpJune 21, 2007 @ 5:42am
hi,
i have successfully installed Flexcms 2.5 into a Win (apache+php+mysql) environment; all is ok, login, browsing, etc;
but when i am editing a page and i launch Page Editor and i want to create an hyperlink, when i click on the related hyperlink button, comes out
a page with various errors:
----------------------------------------
Notice: Undefined variable: MainURL in (path_omitted_by_me_for_security)....\flexcmsv25full\inc-core-lang-english.php on line 162

Notice: Undefined variable: MainURL in (path_omitted_by_me_for_security)....\flexcmsv25full\languagesinc-core-lang-english.php on line 176

Notice: Undefined variable: SPN in (path_omitted_by_me_for_security)....\flexcmsv25full\languages\inc-core-lang-english.php on line 248

Notice: Undefined variable: SPN in (path_omitted_by_me_for_security)....\flexcmsv25full\languages\inc-core-lang-english.php on line 335

Notice: Undefined variable: SPN in (path_omitted_by_me_for_security)....\flexcmsv25full\languages\inc-core-lang-english.php on line 438

------------------------------------

can you help me resolve these errors?

thanks,
Bye.

otter
Administrator

June 21, 2007 @ 10:07am
Sorry to hear you've had problems installing FlexCMS on your server.

Please email us your site URL, username/password for the site and FTP. Do not post any information here, email is:

Thanks,

Kel

ONLINE TRAINING CLASSES FOR FLEXCMS IN MAY: FlexCMS Basics (101), Sat., May, 15, 2010 & FlexCMS Blocks (Mon., May 10, 2010).

Last Edit: June 21, 2007 @ 4:33pm by DCSun
notdodgy

I get this on two new installs...February 6, 2008 @ 4:59pm
I am also experiencing this problem on a new install.

Also happens on a second test install.

I get the following:

Code

Notice: Undefined variable: MainURL in /home/fhlinux153/t/testing.scfchurch.co.uk/user/htdocs/languages/inc-core-lang-english.php on line 162

Notice: Undefined variable: MainURL in /home/fhlinux153/t/testing.scfchurch.co.uk/user/htdocs/languages/inc-core-lang-english.php on line 176

Notice: Undefined variable: SPN in /home/fhlinux153/t/testing.scfchurch.co.uk/user/htdocs/languages/inc-core-lang-english.php on line 248

Notice: Undefined variable: SPN in /home/fhlinux153/t/testing.scfchurch.co.uk/user/htdocs/languages/inc-core-lang-english.php on line 335

Notice: Undefined variable: SPN in /home/fhlinux153/t/testing.scfchurch.co.uk/user/htdocs/languages/inc-core-lang-english.php on line 438

Notice: Undefined variable: SPN in /home/fhlinux153/t/testing.scfchurch.co.uk/user/htdocs/languages/inc-core-lang-english.php on line 441

Notice: Undefined variable: ManualLink in /home/fhlinux153/t/testing.scfchurch.co.uk/user/htdocs/languages/inc-core-lang-english.php on line 465

Notice: Undefined variable: SPN in /home/fhlinux153/t/testing.scfchurch.co.uk/user/htdocs/languages/inc-core-lang-english.php on line 465

Notice: Undefined variable: SPN in /home/fhlinux153/t/testing.scfchurch.co.uk/user/htdocs/languages/inc-core-lang-english.php on line 663

Notice: Undefined index: cl in /home/fhlinux153/t/testing.scfchurch.co.uk/user/htdocs/inc-core-admin-editor-link.php on line 106

Notice: Undefined index: mb in /home/fhlinux153/t/testing.scfchurch.co.uk/user/htdocs/inc-core-admin-editor-link.php on line 110

Notice: Undefined index: gb in /home/fhlinux153/t/testing.scfchurch.co.uk/user/htdocs/inc-core-admin-editor-link.php on line 114

Notice: Undefined index: nl in /home/fhlinux153/t/testing.scfchurch.co.uk/user/htdocs/inc-core-admin-editor-link.php on line 119

Notice: Undefined index: lm in /home/fhlinux153/t/testing.scfchurch.co.uk/user/htdocs/inc-core-admin-editor-link.php on line 130

Notice: Undefined index: pg in /home/fhlinux153/t/testing.scfchurch.co.uk/user/htdocs/inc-core-admin-editor-link.php on line 150

Followed by the entry fields.

Last Edit: February 7, 2008 @ 2:46pm by notdodgy
notdodgy

Update Is It Register Globals?February 10, 2008 @ 9:01am
Tried copying all the files apart from config from a working installation on another server.
This made no difference to the problem.

What is different between the edit links form and the edit picture form?

The picture one works fine, just the links that not working.

I am beginning to suspect a register globals problem.

Roger

Last Edit: February 10, 2008 @ 1:54pm by notdodgy
DCSun
Administrator

February 10, 2008 @ 7:10pm
Roger,

Most likely the reason is that the links portion of the editor opens in a new window, and there may be a few variables there which it's attempting to locate but which haven't been initialized there.

The other thing to note is that the error reporting level can vary from server to server, depending on how it's been configured. If you have control of this server, you may wish to adjust it so that the Notice messages aren't displayed the same way an Error message would be.

The Register Globals setting shouldn't have any effect on FlexCMS one way or the other.

David

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

Last Edit: February 10, 2008 @ 7:11pm by DCSun
notdodgy

Solution - Recommended Code ChangesFebruary 10, 2008 @ 7:21pm
Hi,

The clues you gave led to a solution...

I have edited inc-admin-core-editor-link.php
and made the following changes which seem to work.

Perhaps you could include them in a future version.

Roger

Code

Insert the following:
// new code to prevent error pop-ups

if (!isset($MainURL)) $MainURL="";
if (!isset($SPN)) $SPN="";
if (!isset($ManualLink)) $ManualLink="";

and for each if statement for gb,mb,nl,cl,pg etc insert an isset test as follows:

// if ($IM['mb'] == 'y') {
if (isset ($IM['mb']) and $IM['mb'] == 'y') {

Last Edit: February 11, 2008 @ 4:00am by notdodgy
DCSun
Administrator

February 11, 2008 @ 1:41pm
Thanks for the update Roger. We'll definitely look into it further and see what we can do.

David

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

Post Message 

Try & Buy FeedForAll - Easy to use RSS Feed Creator - great for iTunes users!

MEMBERS

All Contents, Code, Scripts and Technologies Copyright 2003-2009 FlexCMS.
All Rights Reserved. Software License Agreement

Processing Time: 0.11807 seconds.

Management Login