, Guest!
Already a Member? Login or Register.

Menu

Showcase

Due to the volume of spam happening on our forums, posting is now restricted to verified members only.  If you're not verified, drop us a note with your username.

Home > FlexCMS Support Forum > User Help > General Support Requests > License Pricing

FlexCMS Support Forum

License Pricing
Started August 12, 2007 @ 12:56pm by aussianni
Post Message 
aussianni

License PricingAugust 12, 2007 @ 12:56pm
I am looking at using Flex CMS to run some of my sites (I have numerous).
On the pricing page it states there is a one time fee only, yet in the license documentation, it states that each domain needs a separate license.
Does this mean there is a one time fee per domain, or a one time fee only. If it is a per domain fee, does that include subdomains and addon domains as well. Sorry that I am a little confused by thisSmile
When I use a product, I am always happy to provide a link to the resources that I use, because after all when something is a good product I want to share it with others.

Anne

DCSun
Administrator

August 12, 2007 @ 1:25pm
Hi Anne,

Thanks for your interest in FlexCMS.

FlexCMS is licensed per installation location, so each specific URL, whether it's a separate domain name, a subdomain, or a subfolder, requires its own unique license key to operate. Exceptions to this are http/https and with/without "www." will work with the same license.

The reason for this was to prevent one FlexCMS license from being used to host hundreds or thousands of sites under the same domain name. We offer a number of different options for businesses wishing to use FlexCMS for their client sites, from bulk license discounts to branded and non-branded reseller plans. If you have any special licensing requirements we're happy to discuss those with you as well.

It should also be noted that you can install the free version anywhere you want as many times as you wish without any limits. It can be used to create a fully functional site, and then you can upgrade any you wish to standard or professional without losing any settings or content created.

Thanks,
David

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

Post Message 

Try & Buy FeedForAll - Easy to use RSS Feed Creator - great for iTunes users!

MEMBERS

All Contents, Code, Scripts and Technologies Copyright 2003-2009 FlexCMS.
All Rights Reserved. Software License Agreement

Processing Time: 0.20185 seconds.

Management Login