, Guest!
Already a Member? Login or Register.

Menu

Showcase

Due to the volume of spam happening on our forums, posting is now restricted to verified members only.  If you're not verified, drop us a note with your username.

Home > FlexCMS Support Forum > User Help > General Support Requests > Install Problem...

FlexCMS Support Forum

Install Problem...
Started August 25, 2007 @ 10:37pm by sammie926
Post Message 
sammie926

Install Problem...August 25, 2007 @ 10:37pm
In step 3 of the install I get this message, even though it says I've successfully connected with the database:

You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=225' at line 1

Thanks for your help:)

DCSun
Administrator

August 26, 2007 @ 12:45am
Hi sammie926,

Sorry to hear you're having problems.

That looks like it's having a problem with the very first query in the MySQL portion of the install. It's a pretty straightforward query, which simply creates the cl-EventDates table.

What version of MySQL are you using? Have you had any problems like this installing other scripts? Are you currently using any other database driven scripts?

David

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

sammie926

August 26, 2007 @ 5:40am
Hi David,

The MySQL version I'm using is 4.0.27-standard, and I'm not using any other database driven scripts.

Thanks for your helpSmile

sammie926

August 26, 2007 @ 12:31pm
PS. I emailed you a link to my PHP Info.Smile

otter
Administrator

August 26, 2007 @ 1:32pm
Thanks! We'll look into it and get back to you asap via our support desk.

otter

ONLINE TRAINING CLASSES FOR FLEXCMS IN MAY: FlexCMS Basics (101), Sat., May, 15, 2010 & FlexCMS Blocks (Mon., May 10, 2010).

ed

Same problemAugust 31, 2007 @ 3:02pm
Hi I have the same problem , the mysql version which I use are 4.0.23. There are produced in the database no tables thanks for the help

Sorry for my English

Ed

otter
Administrator

August 31, 2007 @ 3:44pm
Hi Ed,

Sorry to hear you are having problems. Please email support@flexcms.com with your site URL as well as PHPInfo and username/password for FTP and MySQL. We'll then review your site and assist you via that support ticket.

Thanks!

otter

ONLINE TRAINING CLASSES FOR FLEXCMS IN MAY: FlexCMS Basics (101), Sat., May, 15, 2010 & FlexCMS Blocks (Mon., May 10, 2010).

welby

You have an error in your SQL syntax.August 31, 2007 @ 9:46pm
Hi read the forums but no has posted a self help fix. Could someone be so kind as to assist with this please. The error as at the bottom. Thank you kindly in advance.Smile

Database Successfully Connected! Running MySQL Version 4.0.27-standard

Directories Created: 23

Files Created: 457

You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=225' at line 1

----
I searched google and found this:
replace ENGINE=MyISAM with TYPE=MyISAM.
Does this help? Not sure.

Last Edit: August 31, 2007 @ 9:52pm by welby
DCSun
Administrator

August 31, 2007 @ 10:37pm
Hi Welby,

The ENGINE=MyISAM/TYPE=MyISAM change might be necessary for your system, but without seeing it I don't know. In the one other instance of this problem that I have personally seen, it was due to the MySQL server not allowing the "default charset" portion of the queries.

The fix on your own is a little complicated, but can be done if you like. What you need to do is open the v2.5.sql file which was created by the installer, and remove all instances of "DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1". You will also need to remove all instances of "{DBPrefix}", and replace it with your database prefix if you need to use one. Then save the file and upload it back to your installation location. You will also need to remove write permissions from the file to prevent it from being replaced by the installer. Then re-run the installer, and you should be all set.

We are currently evaluating this situation and working to find a solution that works for all our clients. This has only presented itself as an issue on a very small number of installations to date that we are aware of.

If you are unable to make the changes outlined above, you can also email your FTP and Database information, along with your desired site settings (everything you entered into the installer) to , and we will do our best to get the installation completed for you.

David

Last Edit: August 31, 2007 @ 10:40pm by DCSun
welby

Thanks for the quick reply.September 1, 2007 @ 2:09pm

Quote (DCSun)

Hi Welby,

The ENGINE=MyISAM/TYPE=MyISAM change might be necessary for your system, but without seeing it I don't know. In the one other instance of this problem that I have personally seen, it was due to the MySQL server not allowing the "default charset" portion of the queries.

The fix on your own is a little complicated, but can be done if you like. What you need to do is open the v2.5.sql file which was created by the installer, and remove all instances of "DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1". You will also need to remove all instances of "{DBPrefix}", and replace it with your database prefix if you need to use one. Then save the file and upload it back to your installation location. You will also need to remove write permissions from the file to prevent it from being replaced by the installer. Then re-run the installer, and you should be all set.

We are currently evaluating this situation and working to find a solution that works for all our clients. This has only presented itself as an issue on a very small number of installations to date that we are aware of.

If you are unable to make the changes outlined above, you can also email your FTP and Database information, along with your desired site settings (everything you entered into the installer) to , and we will do our best to get the installation completed for you.

David

Hi David.
You are the best. I will give it a try and if can't get it to work I will contact you. thanks for the fanstatic support and attention. Smile welby

welby

update on installation errorSeptember 1, 2007 @ 2:49pm

Quote (welby)

Quote (DCSun)

Hi Welby,

David

Hi David.
You are the best. I will give it a try and if can't get it to work I will contact you. thanks for the fanstatic support and attention. Smile welby

I installed the program on another unix host that has MySQL 5.0.27 standard
and the install was simple and perfect without any errors. I looked at the other
host I was using and the version of MySQL is 4.0.27- standard which explains
the SQL syntax error. welby

DCSun
Administrator

September 1, 2007 @ 3:06pm
Unless there was a bug in a specific release of MySQL in that 4.0.27 range, I think it's due more to configuration than a problem with MySQL. We've had many installs on 4.0.25-standard, and unknown hundreds on other random versions, without any problems.

David

Post Message 

Try & Buy FeedForAll - Easy to use RSS Feed Creator - great for iTunes users!

MEMBERS

All Contents, Code, Scripts and Technologies Copyright 2003-2009 FlexCMS.
All Rights Reserved. Software License Agreement

Processing Time: 0.07770 seconds.

Management Login