, Guest!
Already a Member? Login or Register.

Menu

Showcase

Due to the volume of spam happening on our forums, posting is now restricted to verified members only.  If you're not verified, drop us a note with your username.

Home > FlexCMS Support Forum > User Help > General Support Requests > Meta Tags

FlexCMS Support Forum

Meta Tags
Started September 9, 2007 @ 10:20pm by yorkcoparamedic
Post Message 
yorkcoparamedic

Meta TagsSeptember 9, 2007 @ 10:20pm
I would like to place some meta information in the index file. I opened the index.php and it was as i thought, just a php file. Where can I place meta info so search engines find it when they crawl the index or site map of the site?

DCSun
Administrator

September 9, 2007 @ 10:37pm
Charles,

It depends what type of meta tags you're trying to add to your site.

If you would like to add meta keywords and descriptions, those can be easily done through FlexCMS without modifying any files. You can add them site-wide through the Modify Site Preferences section of the control panel. You can also add them on a per-page basis for any custom created pages, through the Pages section. Any pages without their own individual tags will display the site ones.

On the other hand, if you need to add a special tag to the meta section, such as for a specific search engine to recognize you as the owner of the site, those can be added through the template you're using. This is stored in the "template.php" file, located in the "templates" folder under the folder of the specific template.

David

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

yorkcoparamedic

ThanksSeptember 10, 2007 @ 9:18am
Thank you very much. Yes I need to show ownership for google and yahoo search engines.

Thanks again

Post Message 

Try & Buy FeedForAll - Easy to use RSS Feed Creator - great for iTunes users!

MEMBERS

All Contents, Code, Scripts and Technologies Copyright 2003-2009 FlexCMS.
All Rights Reserved. Software License Agreement

Processing Time: 0.07215 seconds.

Management Login