, Guest!
Already a Member? Login or Register.

Menu

Showcase

Due to the volume of spam happening on our forums, posting is now restricted to verified members only.  If you're not verified, drop us a note with your username.

Home > FlexCMS Support Forum > User Help > General Support Requests > error message after installation

FlexCMS Support Forum

error message after installation
Started October 8, 2007 @ 6:38am by boodidyajump
Post Message 
boodidyajump

error message after installationOctober 8, 2007 @ 6:38am
i believe i've installed but get this message:

Database Successfully Connected! Running MySQL Version 4.1.22-standard

Directories Created:
Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Operation not permitted in /home/bidmine/public_html/install.php on line 534

Files Created: 457

INSERT command denied to user 'bidmine_Peter'@'localhost' for table 'cl-EventDates'

can you give me a pointer please?

DCSun
Administrator

October 8, 2007 @ 2:01pm
Hi boodidyajump,

Sorry to hear you're having problems getting FlexCMS installed on your site.

The first error (the chmod warning), is very minor, and shouldn't present any problems for you. That's most likely due to the permissions on a pre-existing folder ("images" would be my best guess), which aren't high enough for the server to modify it.

The database error is more serious, and should prevent you from completing the installation until that's resolved. It looks like the MySQL user doesn't have permission to use the MySQL Insert command on this database. If you created this database yourself through an administration package like CPanel, make sure you granted that user the permissions it will need to operate. If this database was already created for you by your hosting provider, you'll need to contact them and inquire as to why you're being prevented from using the MySQL Insert command.

David

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

boodidyajump

October 8, 2007 @ 2:39pm

Quote (DCSun)

Hi boodidyajump,

Sorry to hear you're having problems getting FlexCMS installed on your site.

The first error (the chmod warning), is very minor, and shouldn't present any problems for you. That's most likely due to the permissions on a pre-existing folder ("images" would be my best guess), which aren't high enough for the server to modify it.

The database error is more serious, and should prevent you from completing the installation until that's resolved. It looks like the MySQL user doesn't have permission to use the MySQL Insert command on this database. If you created this database yourself through an administration package like CPanel, make sure you granted that user the permissions it will need to operate. If this database was already created for you by your hosting provider, you'll need to contact them and inquire as to why you're being prevented from using the MySQL Insert command.

David

thanks. i gave it insert permission and now get this error:

"SELECT command denied to user 'bidmine_Peter'@'localhost' for table 'core-Settings'"

Peter.

DCSun
Administrator

October 8, 2007 @ 2:50pm
That sounds like the same deal, but this time the Select command. FlexCMS (and most other PHP/MySQL CMS packages) will require most of the MySQL commands, so your best bet is to just grant that user all of them.

David

boodidyajump

error nowOctober 8, 2007 @ 3:06pm
thanks, did that, error now:

"Table 'bidmine_review.core-Settings' doesn't exist"

Peter

DCSun
Administrator

October 8, 2007 @ 3:19pm
Did you clear out the database tables and try running the installation package from the top after granting the new permissions? If you did, does the core-Settings table actually exist?

David

boodidyajump

this errorOctober 8, 2007 @ 3:51pm
hi,

i've deleted the db and started again. now logged in though i did get this error:

Database Successfully Connected! Running MySQL Version 4.1.22-standard

Directories Created:
Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Operation not permitted in /home/bidmine/public_html/install.php on line 534

Files Created: 457

Installation Complete!

Click Here to Login

Peter.

DCSun
Administrator

October 8, 2007 @ 4:02pm
If you don't have any other problems on the site you can safely ignore that chmod error. That's most likely due to the permissions on a pre-existing folder ("images" would be my best guess), which aren't high enough for the server to modify it.

David

Post Message 

Try & Buy FeedForAll - Easy to use RSS Feed Creator - great for iTunes users!

MEMBERS

All Contents, Code, Scripts and Technologies Copyright 2003-2009 FlexCMS.
All Rights Reserved. Software License Agreement

Processing Time: 0.07598 seconds.

Management Login