, Guest!
Already a Member? Login or Register.

Menu

Showcase

Due to the volume of spam happening on our forums, posting is now restricted to verified members only.  If you're not verified, drop us a note with your username.

Home > FlexCMS Support Forum > User Help > General Support Requests > best place for a counter

FlexCMS Support Forum

best place for a counter
Started October 9, 2007 @ 9:25pm by welby
Post Message 
welby

best place for a counterOctober 9, 2007 @ 9:25pm
hello. where is the best place to insert a counter so it tracks all pages. i would like to know where to place the code. thanks in advance.

welbySmile

Last Edit: October 9, 2007 @ 9:26pm by welby
DCSun
Administrator

October 9, 2007 @ 9:57pm
The Site Footer Code box in the Modify Site Preferences section was specifically designed for such applications, so that's a very easy and effective way to add code like a counter to all pages on your site. If you wanted it such that no other user could modify it, you could also add it directly to the template.

David

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

welby

request for assistance with counter codeOctober 23, 2007 @ 9:11pm
Where can I place this counter php code within the template you mentioned earlier. (3rd party php counter)Not having any luck. All of my pages do not have process php checked. So I was hoping to include this in the template.

Heres the code:

$sid="123456";
include("/home/mysite/public_html/traffic/write_logs.php");

template.php or template_info.php? also what line please.

thanks for any suggestions.
welby

Last Edit: October 23, 2007 @ 9:12pm by welby
DCSun
Administrator

October 23, 2007 @ 10:18pm
It's template.php. The template_info.php file doesn't contain any of the template, just basic information to identify it in places like the Control Panel's list of templates. Where exactly in template.php depends on the template you're using and if the counter is printing any HTML code into the page. At the very bottom of the file you'll see the } brace that ends the BuildTemplate function, it needs to go somewhere inside that.

The other option is to put it in a block, that would also easily get it on all pages and could be PHP enabled.

David

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

welby

Thank youOctober 23, 2007 @ 10:19pm
David.

Many thanks!

:)

Post Message 

Try & Buy FeedForAll - Easy to use RSS Feed Creator - great for iTunes users!

MEMBERS

All Contents, Code, Scripts and Technologies Copyright 2003-2009 FlexCMS.
All Rights Reserved. Software License Agreement

Processing Time: 0.07169 seconds.

Management Login