, Guest!
Already a Member? Login or Register.

Menu

Showcase

Due to the volume of spam happening on our forums, posting is now restricted to verified members only.  If you're not verified, drop us a note with your username.

Home > FlexCMS Support Forum > User Help > General Support Requests > table columns shifting when data entered

FlexCMS Support Forum

table columns shifting when data entered
Started December 2, 2007 @ 11:00am by cbc58
Post Message 
cbc58

table columns shifting when data enteredDecember 2, 2007 @ 11:00am
hi-

I have created a table to input 2 rows of data and made it 60% width of the page.

When i enter data into the table the columns shift in width and do not remain where they are supposed to be. How can I stop this?

Last Edit: December 2, 2007 @ 11:49am by cbc58
DCSun
Administrator

December 2, 2007 @ 1:15pm
This is the default behavior of HTML as a whole, not just FlexCMS. Without specified column widths the columns will all automatically adjust to the width of the content within then so the margins are the same all the way across. To suppress this you can easily add a width to each column's TD tag, such as:

Code

<table width="60%"><tr><td width="50%">col 1</td><td width="50%">col 2</td></tr></table>

Note that the widths are a percentage of the overall width of the table, not its size relative to the page, so in the above example it would be half and half of the 60% page width table. You can also mix and match percentages and whole numbers (such as 250 and 100%), but you have to keep an eye on the math and play around a bit until you get the look you're going for.

David

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

Post Message 

Try & Buy FeedForAll - Easy to use RSS Feed Creator - great for iTunes users!

MEMBERS

All Contents, Code, Scripts and Technologies Copyright 2003-2009 FlexCMS.
All Rights Reserved. Software License Agreement

Processing Time: 0.08103 seconds.

Management Login