, Guest!
Already a Member? Login or Register.

Menu

Showcase

Due to the volume of spam happening on our forums, posting is now restricted to verified members only.  If you're not verified, drop us a note with your username.

Home > FlexCMS Support Forum > User Help > General Support Requests > Link tags?

FlexCMS Support Forum

Link tags?
Started December 3, 2007 @ 1:42pm by cbc58
Post Message 
cbc58

Link tags?December 3, 2007 @ 1:42pm
How do you create link tags within a page? I want to have a list of questions and then when someone clicks on one they are taken to the answer.... and also provide a link to jump up back to the top of the page.

I can't figure this out.........

DCSun
Administrator

December 3, 2007 @ 2:21pm
This is another HTML related question. While we're happy to assist your members and users with their sites, you might benefit from looking at some of the HTML tutorials on the web (there are millions of them, just Google "HTML Tutorial").

There's two parts to this process. The first is to create the places you're jumping to (called anchor links). Those are created with a modified A tag, like this:
Code

<a name="answer1"></a>Answer 1:
yada yada yada

<a name="answer2"></a>Answer 2:
yada yada yada

Then to jump to those, you create a regular link but instead of a URL you use a # followed by the name you assigned to the "name" part, like this:
Code

<a href="#answer1">Question 1</a>

<a href="#answer2">Question 2</a>

And you can then also create one to return to the top using the same code. You can have multiple links pointing to an anchor (like a Return To Top link with every question), but each anchor link needs to be a unique name.

David

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

Last Edit: December 3, 2007 @ 2:23pm by DCSun
cbc58

December 3, 2007 @ 3:42pm
i'm not talking about html help..... i'm asking about it as it relates to flexcms.

in the flexcms editor there is a linking tool... but it doesn't seem to apply to this.

i also took the code I want to use (html based that had the right tags) and put it into a flexcms page and it doesn't work... which is why I asked the question.

DCSun
Administrator

December 3, 2007 @ 4:24pm
There shouldn't be any problem using this or any other HTML code in a FlexCMS page, as FlexCMS just prints the page contents out into the rest of the page. There may be problems using the page editor on the existing code, and yes you're correct there's no way to create anchor links in the editor.

We're exploring some other options for the editor to improve the range of functions it provides. The current editor is very browser-based and as such its functions are somewhat limited. For any advanced coding you're probably best off to create the code in an HTML or text editor and paste the code into FlexCMS.

David

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

Post Message 

Try & Buy FeedForAll - Easy to use RSS Feed Creator - great for iTunes users!

MEMBERS

All Contents, Code, Scripts and Technologies Copyright 2003-2009 FlexCMS.
All Rights Reserved. Software License Agreement

Processing Time: 0.07570 seconds.

Management Login