, Guest!
Already a Member? Login or Register.

Menu

Showcase

Due to the volume of spam happening on our forums, posting is now restricted to verified members only.  If you're not verified, drop us a note with your username.

Home > FlexCMS Support Forum > User Help > General Support Requests > No Control Panel

FlexCMS Support Forum

No Control Panel
Started January 16, 2008 @ 1:15pm by entact
Post Message 
entact

No Control PanelJanuary 16, 2008 @ 1:15pm
I just installed Flex and once logged in it tells me to click on the control panel but there is NO control panel button anywhere on the screen. I went through and tried pulling up different pages I saw on the server but still no control panel page that I know off. Any help would be apprecaited.

http://test2.entact.com/index.php/index.html

DCSun
Administrator

January 16, 2008 @ 1:40pm
Hello entact,

Thanks for trying out FlexCMS. Sorry to hear you're having problems.

When logged in you should see a new block appear in the left hand menu, with the Control Panel, Edit Profile, and Logout links in it. That's the Control Panel link we refer to with the standard index page text. If you don't have that block, you can also visit the Control Panel directly at http://test2.entact.com/index.php/options.html

David

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

entact

January 16, 2008 @ 2:25pm
Thanks for the response David. I did what you recommended and it just takes be back to the same place which is the home screen. I tried making a new user and still nothing. Might Flex have installed wrong and I need to reinstall it?

DCSun
Administrator

January 16, 2008 @ 4:31pm
I've not seen a site with that problem before, but I guess anything is possible. It's not the "query string patch", because your login page loads fine for me when I try to go into the control panel.

If you'd like you can provide us with the username and password you created through the installation package, and I'll see if we can get into the control panel from here. Send them to

David

Last Edit: January 16, 2008 @ 4:32pm by DCSun
DCSun
Administrator

January 16, 2008 @ 4:36pm
There certainly seems to be some problem with the login system on your site. I was able to register for a new user account, but unable to login with it afterwards. Can you provide us with your FTP information and also some details about your server (platform, PHP & MySQL versions, etc).

David

entact

January 16, 2008 @ 5:40pm
I cant give you access to the FTP as it is a company account however I cant tell you that we have a Linux box, SQL 5 and since we host with Dreamhost.com I assume it is the latest version of PHP.

DCSun
Administrator

January 16, 2008 @ 6:23pm
I can certainly understand being unable to provide us with FTP access. But unfortunately that's really the only way we can get in and try debugging it for you.

I've never seen this problem with FlexCMS before, so I can't think of any other suggestions for you to try. My best guess is that the server has some setting that's disrupting the login process, since it works fine on hundreds of other different servers around the world.

David

entact

January 16, 2008 @ 6:36pm
Will try and reinstall it then and also will watch the server and see if there us anything I need to do differently. Thank you very much for the help.

Out of curiosity if I can give you the FTP info what is it that you would look for?

DCSun
Administrator

January 16, 2008 @ 7:54pm
With FTP information we would go through and see what it's doing at various points in the process it's having problems with, and make changes to see if we can overcome the problem. Aside from actually getting in there and doing that there's really not much else we can do to debug an unknown problem on an unknown system.

David

Post Message 

Try & Buy FeedForAll - Easy to use RSS Feed Creator - great for iTunes users!

MEMBERS

All Contents, Code, Scripts and Technologies Copyright 2003-2009 FlexCMS.
All Rights Reserved. Software License Agreement

Processing Time: 0.07788 seconds.

Management Login