, Guest!
Already a Member? Login or Register.

Menu

Showcase

Due to the volume of spam happening on our forums, posting is now restricted to verified members only.  If you're not verified, drop us a note with your username.

Home > FlexCMS Support Forum > User Help > General Support Requests > Make menu block for Photo Gallery

FlexCMS Support Forum

Make menu block for Photo Gallery
Started March 24, 2008 @ 9:30pm by bill7718
Post Message 
bill7718

Make menu block for Photo GalleryMarch 24, 2008 @ 9:30pm
OK, I'll admit I am officially a dummy.

How do you create a menu block for the photo gallery. Looked at the tuts and most of the support questions to no avail.

What seemed to be there before is no longer there. IE create block from existing page or something like that.

Bill

DCSun
Administrator

March 24, 2008 @ 10:09pm
Bill,

Do you mean that you would like to create a block that displays only on the Photo Gallery pages, or that you want to create a block which contains a photo from the gallery?

If the former, simply create the block you would like and check the box next to Photo Gallery at the very bottom in the Pages To Display On section.

If the latter, there's no automated way to do that, but you could create a block with the image tag and paste in the URL of the photo you would like. A script could also be written to pull a random photo or something like that.

David

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

bill7718

March 24, 2008 @ 11:19pm
Want to create a block to display on all pages. The block would show who has uploaded the most current images with a link to the respective gallery. A thumb of an uploaded image or the last 5 images would be nice to add as well.

In my mind the block would look like this.

Title: Photo Gallery
Sub Title: Recent additions, Newest added, etc.
Below that: User name (link to gallery) and last 5 thumbs displayed or whatever number of thumbs fits nicely inside the block. (thumbs link to the gallery)

Sorry if I was a little vague in the initial request, but this is what I am looking to achieve.

Thanks again,

Bill

DCSun
Administrator

March 25, 2008 @ 3:31pm
Bill,

What you've described certainly sounds do-able. That's going to be a custom programming project, so please contact with those details above and we'll be happy do discuss it further with you.

David

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

Post Message 

Try & Buy FeedForAll - Easy to use RSS Feed Creator - great for iTunes users!

MEMBERS

All Contents, Code, Scripts and Technologies Copyright 2003-2009 FlexCMS.
All Rights Reserved. Software License Agreement

Processing Time: 0.07749 seconds.

Management Login