, Guest!
Already a Member? Login or Register.

Menu

Showcase

Due to the volume of spam happening on our forums, posting is now restricted to verified members only.  If you're not verified, drop us a note with your username.

Home > FlexCMS Support Forum > General > Feature Requests > Just downloaded - but have a few suggestions

FlexCMS Support Forum

Just downloaded - but have a few suggestions
Started April 1, 2008 @ 2:27am by cmebd
Post Message 
cmebd

Just downloaded - but have a few suggestionsApril 1, 2008 @ 2:27am
Hi there,

First let me say that I think this is a brilliant tool. I have used many different CMS' (free and paid) and quite honestly have not seen something as clean as this for a very long time.
Thank you for all your hard work and such a great price (when I get round to purchasing).

Having just uploaded the free version (trialling) and going through the Admin panel etc......

A couple of things that I would find most useful:

Form builder/generator that would include:
*Field types:
text, text area, drop down, select, radio button/group, checkboxes (I know I am stretching things a little here).

*More CSS
A little biased also. I am an avid CSS user (not that hot with PHP but learning) so would like to be able to "find" and manipulate styles.

*Option lists
Countries

*Site Search Module

I do hope I haven't been too presumptious here.

Look forward to seeing this product grow!!

DCSun
Administrator

April 1, 2008 @ 2:33pm
Thanks for your suggestions! We always value input from our users, and take every comment into consideration when planning for future features and options.

A form builder has been talked about before. It's complicated on a number of levels, most notably what happens on the processing end. FlexCMS does have a built in form processor function, which you can find details on here. We're also in the process of integrating a new HTML editor into FlexCMS, which may include some of the front end form elements you're looking for as well. We may look at adding some sort of simple processing function that can email the results or store them in a generic database structure.

FlexCMS currently contains some CSS options for things like link colors, hover options, etc, which you can find in the Site Preferences section down towards the bottom. I would expect we'll add a good amount of other CSS options for the next version, and probably some CSS based templates as well.

Not sure what you mean about the option lists so feel free to respond and elaborate on that.

Site search is definitely on the development list, that's been a popular request.

David

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

cmebd

Option List - CountriesApril 1, 2008 @ 5:02pm
Hi David,

Yes that was a little lacking in description LOL.

What I mean is: For registering and "other" forms where an address is required:

An option/selection (drop down) for Country and perhaps for State/Province whereby once the Country has been chosen the State/Province field provides a list of states/provinces that relate to that country only.

This is part of a frustration I have when registering on some sites where they allow you to select a country and then a "required" field for State with only a list of US State (so usually I end up in Tennesee Australia Undecided

DCSun
Administrator

April 1, 2008 @ 8:48pm
I hear Tennessee, Australia is lovely this time of year, though!

There is a countries/regions system in FlexCMS (Control Panel > Preferences and Settings block > Manage Countries and Regions), but it hasn't been entirely applied to the registration system yet, only the eCommerce area which is what it was developed for initially.

For the user account creation side it only controls the countries dropdown (those countries with "Allow Users" checked are the ones they get to pick from). For the eCommerce system it does behave as you've described, where the country is selected and then the list of states/provinces is updated accordingly. We should be able to get that part added to the registration form as well.

You have to go through and put in your options (click on the country in the list), we've just done the US and Canada (we're happy to include them in the next release if you'd like to make us a complete list for Australia and/or any other country).

David

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

Last Edit: April 1, 2008 @ 8:48pm by DCSun

Post Message 

Try & Buy FeedForAll - Easy to use RSS Feed Creator - great for iTunes users!

MEMBERS

All Contents, Code, Scripts and Technologies Copyright 2003-2009 FlexCMS.
All Rights Reserved. Software License Agreement

Processing Time: 0.07845 seconds.

Management Login