, Guest!
Already a Member? Login or Register.

Menu

Showcase

Due to the volume of spam happening on our forums, posting is now restricted to verified members only.  If you're not verified, drop us a note with your username.

Home > FlexCMS Support Forum > User Help > General Support Requests > Installation Problem

FlexCMS Support Forum

Installation Problem
Started May 5, 2008 @ 8:58pm by macat
Post Message 
macat

Installation ProblemMay 5, 2008 @ 8:58pm
I can't get the installation to complete, I am getting this message after entering all my info:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'spydsvt_spydsvt'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/spydsvt/public_html/install.php on line 471
Could not connect to database

The password is correct and so is the user ID, any ideas what is wrong??

DCSun
Administrator

May 5, 2008 @ 9:53pm
Hello,

I'm not aware of any MySQL connection issues with FlexCMS. That error message looks like PHP simply can't connect to your database.

First, confirm once more that your username and password are correct, as well as the name of your database. Some systems (such as CPanel) add your username to the beginning of the database name you create (so creating a database called MyDB under the account of Dave would require you to use "Dave_MyDB" as the database name). Also confirm that you're connecting to the right server (either "localhost" or the hostname/IP of the server if it's a different one). Finally, you may also want to check if there are any access restrictions on the MySQL database, as some systems allow connections to be restricted by IP address and things like that.

David

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

Last Edit: May 5, 2008 @ 9:55pm by DCSun
macat

May 5, 2008 @ 10:05pm
Hi Dave,
I am using cPanel and am using the name_databasename form of entry for user, password and database. I create databases all the time and install programs, this one just isn't working. I uploaded the install file in ASCII and the data and map in binary. It is in my public_html folder and it has been chmod to 777 as has the image folder.

Any ideas???

macat

May 5, 2008 @ 10:15pm
Hi Dave,
I just got it to work by changing the User_Password to just Password. I did get some kind of chmod message but was able to login so hopefully it isn't going to have to be a problem.

Thanks for your help!!

macat

May 5, 2008 @ 10:16pm
Sorry I see your name is David, not Dave. Thanks again ...

macat

May 5, 2008 @ 10:18pm
David,
Here is the error message I got, is it something to worry about:

Directories Created:
Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Operation not permitted in /home/spydsvt/public_html/install.php on line 534

23Files Created: 457

Installation Complete!

DCSun
Administrator

May 6, 2008 @ 12:55pm
Dave or David is fine, I consider them interchangeable!

Glad you got your settings sorted out. As for the CHMOD error, most likely you had an existing file or folder that FlexCMS wasn't able to alter because of its permissions. My best guess would be either an existing "index.html" file (FlexCMS renames existing "index.htm" and "index.html" files upon installation), or an existing "images" folder. As long as things seem to be working there shouldn't be anything to worry about.

David

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

Last Edit: May 6, 2008 @ 12:56pm by DCSun

Post Message 

Try & Buy FeedForAll - Easy to use RSS Feed Creator - great for iTunes users!

MEMBERS

All Contents, Code, Scripts and Technologies Copyright 2003-2009 FlexCMS.
All Rights Reserved. Software License Agreement

Processing Time: 0.08650 seconds.

Management Login