, Guest!
Already a Member? Login or Register.

Menu

Showcase

Due to the volume of spam happening on our forums, posting is now restricted to verified members only.  If you're not verified, drop us a note with your username.

Home > FlexCMS Support Forum > User Help > General Support Requests > Multiple index.html pages

FlexCMS Support Forum

Multiple index.html pages
Started July 2, 2008 @ 3:21pm by Wolf
Post Message 
Wolf

Multiple index.html pagesJuly 2, 2008 @ 3:21pm
Two different index pages Today @ 2:47pm
I'm trying to setup two different home (main index) pages.

One for guests (anyone not logged in) and a second one to display once a member logs in.

I know it's possible... I did it on my demo site already... I just can't seem to recreate it an another site I'm working on.

When I look at the index pages in the site that works, there's nothing special about the two pages. Both are named "index" (I know they're supposed to be unique names, but it works). The only real difference between the two other than page content, is that the permission levels on one are "Guest" and the other is "Member".

Any ideas on what I might be forgetting?

(Hey, go easy on an ol' wolf his brain cells are slowin' down - LOL)

Last Edit: July 2, 2008 @ 8:25pm by Wolf
DCSun
Administrator

July 2, 2008 @ 4:34pm
Wolf,

Yes, that should be all you need. Both should be named "index" as you mentioned. Don't forget that they both need to be set to Enabled/Viewable. What might be happening is that the one you've got set to "Everyone" was created before the one set higher, so it's the one being displayed for everyone no matter what. You can try deleting that page and re-creating it to see if that does anything for you. The other option would just be to use the same page for both and add some PHP code such as
Code

if ($UserLevel == 0) {
// guests stuff here
}
else {
// basic member and above here
}

Also of note because I don't think it's really documented anywhere, is the order they're displayed in if they are named the same: Those with an End Date are displayed first, from soonest to latest, followed by any without an End Date. The reason it was done this way was so you could create a special page that would show for a week or however long, replacing the existing one during that time, and then reverting back to the existing one afterwards. This is great if you want to create a page for a sale or special event that needs to start and end in a certain range and then revert back to the standard one.

David

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

Wolf

July 3, 2008 @ 4:27pm
Thanks David! That did the trick.Smile

Post Message 

Try & Buy FeedForAll - Easy to use RSS Feed Creator - great for iTunes users!

MEMBERS

All Contents, Code, Scripts and Technologies Copyright 2003-2009 FlexCMS.
All Rights Reserved. Software License Agreement

Processing Time: 0.07681 seconds.

Management Login