, Guest!
Already a Member? Login or Register.

Menu

Showcase

Due to the volume of spam happening on our forums, posting is now restricted to verified members only.  If you're not verified, drop us a note with your username.

Home > FlexCMS Support Forum > User Help > General Support Requests > Flex Microsoft server install

FlexCMS Support Forum

Flex Microsoft server install
Started August 5, 2008 @ 9:40am by Wolf
Post Message 
Wolf

Flex Microsoft server installAugust 5, 2008 @ 9:40am
Hi David, Otter;

I'm trying to install Flex on a Microsoft server and am having problems on step 3 of the install (http://xxxxx.com/install.php?3)

I haven't installed Flex on a many windows servers and this one seems pretty restrictive. I'm thinking the difficulty might be related to proper settings in the .htaccess file.

For example, when Flex is creating it's directories during the install I see this type of message:

Directories Created:
Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: No such file or directory in /web/install.php on line 534

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: No such file or directory in /web/install.php on line 534

When Flex is creating it's files, I see messages such as:

Code

Files Created:
Warning: fopen(./backups/index.html) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /web/install.php on line 552

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /web/install.php on line 553

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /web/install.php on line 554

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: No such file or directory in /web/install.php on line 555

Warning: fopen(./images/admin/admincp_account.gif) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /web/install.php on line 552

In order to have the server recognize .php files at all, we had to create an .htaccess file with the following entries:

Code

<Limit GET POST PUT DELETE HEAD>
require anymember
</Limit>
ForceNoProxy On

Any suggestions or ideas are greatly appreciated.

If we can get the basic system configured the guy is anxious to purchase a full license from y'all.

Thanks!
Wolf

DCSun
Administrator

August 5, 2008 @ 3:38pm
Hi Wolf,

I don't have much experience using Windows for web serving. Is it possible this folder is set to read only, or the web server isn't granted permission to write to it? It's not quite the same as Unix in how the permissions are granted.

Aside from that, I think your best bet would be to contact the server owner/administrator or hosting company and see what they can do for you. They should know how they set it up and can tell you pretty quickly what you need to change or what you won't be able to do, rather than trying a ton of different guesses to see what happens.

David

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

Last Edit: August 5, 2008 @ 3:39pm by DCSun

Post Message 

Try & Buy FeedForAll - Easy to use RSS Feed Creator - great for iTunes users!

MEMBERS

All Contents, Code, Scripts and Technologies Copyright 2003-2009 FlexCMS.
All Rights Reserved. Software License Agreement

Processing Time: 0.07650 seconds.

Management Login