, Guest!
Already a Member? Login or Register.

Menu

Showcase

Due to the volume of spam happening on our forums, posting is now restricted to verified members only.  If you're not verified, drop us a note with your username.

Home > FlexCMS Support Forum > User Help > General Support Requests > SAFE MODE Error Site is Down

FlexCMS Support Forum

SAFE MODE Error Site is Down
Started August 24, 2008 @ 4:15pm by brendanrehman
Post Message 
brendanrehman

SAFE MODE Error Site is DownAugust 24, 2008 @ 4:15pm
I installed a fresh copy of FlexCMS 2.5.

Please help.

PHP Warning: include_once(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 48 is not allowed to access ./templates/fine_lines-navy_white/template.php owned by uid 10007 in /var/www/vhosts/freeyourpower.com/httpdocs/index.php on line 475
PHP Warning: include_once(./templates/fine_lines-navy_white/template.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/freeyourpower.com/httpdocs/index.php on line 475
PHP Warning: include_once(): Failed opening './templates/fine_lines-navy_white/template.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:')

brendanrehman

InstallAugust 24, 2008 @ 5:34pm
Ok figured it out... when I run install.php it appears to running as apache:apache not the username I setup using plesk as a result of this I am not getting the templates installed or the languages. I found this out when I tried to change to the languages folder via FTP and it said permission denied.

Now I'm getting Error. Language files could not be loaded.

Please ensure at least the English FlexCMS language pack is present in the languages folder under the main FlexCMS directory.

As well as:

PHP Warning: include_once(): Unable to access ./templates/fine_lines-navy_white/template.php in /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/httpdocs/index.php on line 475

Guys please help.. my site is down which is not a big deal but the earlier install for 2.0 was spot on and worked great.

Thanks,
Brendan

DCSun
Administrator

August 24, 2008 @ 7:55pm
Brendan,

I'm guessing your web host changed to running PHPSuExec or something along those lines between when you installed 2.0 and now. FlexCMS shouldn't do anything different in the installation process.

The errors you're getting about the language file not being loaded and PHP not being able to open the template file are likely because those folders simply don't exist.

We can certainly help you get the files that should be in those folders, but if you're having permission issues you'll run into other problems later on when it comes time to upload images or things of that nature. Your best bet is to contact the hosting company and see what you need to do to get your PHP scripts operating under the correct user name that gives them permission to create files and folders.

David

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

brendanrehman

InstallAugust 27, 2008 @ 9:30am
Hi,

Thanks for replying... I noticed that PHP install runs just fine, creates all the files and even does the settings ok. However, the owner of the files/folders end up being apache instead of fyp:psacln which is a plesk setup. I have the templates and languages folder but they are empty. If you could let me have those files or simply give me a copy of FlexCMS as a PHP zipe file instead of the standard install I could simply upload it. Alter the settings file and it might work better. Its the install that ends up setting all the ownership of files to apache:apache and since this it plesk it wont work out well.

Thanks

brendanrehman

InstallAugust 27, 2008 @ 9:56am
Heres whats funny.

where I run php index.php from the command line I get the page just fine.

When I run it from the browser I get

Error. Language files could not be loaded.

Please ensure at least the English FlexCMS language pack is present in the languages folder under the main FlexCMS directory.

DCSun
Administrator

August 27, 2008 @ 10:26am
Brendan,

The install package doesn't attempt to change ownership of files, so that's something your server is doing.

As for the files you need, you can download the complete package of them here: http://www.flexcms.com/downloads/flexcms_v2.5_allfiles.zip.

David

brendanrehman

InstallAugust 27, 2008 @ 11:17am
Worked great... but now I can't login.

Perhaps its cookies. Please check for me www.freeyourpower.com

Thanks,
Brendan

DCSun
Administrator

August 27, 2008 @ 1:48pm
Brendan,

Do you get the login page okay but after submitting it you're still not logged in? Or do you not get the login page at all?

David

brendanrehman

Language FilesOctober 6, 2008 @ 1:39am
Hi,

Sorry its been a while since I posted... I was moving to Colorado.

Anyway I still get the following error even after downloading the all files zip file.

Error. Language files could not be loaded.

Please see http://www.freeyourpower.com

Your assistance is appreciated.

PS

After the install I chown'ed the files/dirs to the correct username. It still didnt work so I deleted all the files but the settings file and uploaded the zip file from the link you sent me.

Thanks,
Brendan

DCSun
Administrator

October 6, 2008 @ 1:51pm
So do you actually have a "languages" folder with the "inc-core-lang-english.php" file in it, and it just can't read the file, or are those not there?

David

brendanrehman

Language FilesOctober 6, 2008 @ 10:17pm
I do have all the required files in the folder...

inc-core-lang-english.php
index.html

Here's the funny thing though. I log in via SSH and run php index.php and it works. Dumps the output to the screen.

Thanks,
Brendan

DCSun
Administrator

October 7, 2008 @ 12:07am
That's got to be a permission or ownership thing with your website. Can you create a new something.php that just prints a quick message (such as (<? print 'hello'; ?>), and see what that does. If it works okay, compare the permissions and file ownership.

David

Post Message 

Try & Buy FeedForAll - Easy to use RSS Feed Creator - great for iTunes users!

MEMBERS

All Contents, Code, Scripts and Technologies Copyright 2003-2009 FlexCMS.
All Rights Reserved. Software License Agreement

Processing Time: 0.08560 seconds.

Management Login