, Guest!
Already a Member? Login or Register.

Menu

Showcase

Due to the volume of spam happening on our forums, posting is now restricted to verified members only.  If you're not verified, drop us a note with your username.

Home > FlexCMS Support Forum > User Help > General Support Requests > Upgraded PHP to 5.2, now Flex not working

FlexCMS Support Forum

Upgraded PHP to 5.2, now Flex not working
Started January 30, 2009 @ 10:04am by macat
Post Message 
macat

Upgraded PHP to 5.2, now Flex not workingJanuary 30, 2009 @ 10:04am
My server was upgraded to php 5.2.8 and all the sites survived except the one using Flex CMS. It is getting this message:

Incorrect key file for table 'core-RecentActivity'; try to repair it

My tech people have been working on it for over 24 hours ... they restored it from a previous back up but it just won't work, this is the last message I got from them:

Database was properly restored from oldest backup we have available. But, it's failing on repairing tables.
Is that database fully compatible with MySQL 5.1?
It's possible that database for corrupted when mysql was upgraded to version 5.1

In MYPHPADMIN, there are 50 tables, the core-RecentActivity and the Users both say in use on the structure tab, does this mean anything to anyone? Nothing they do is fixing the problem.

I could really use some Help???????

Last Edit: January 30, 2009 @ 10:05am by macat
DCSun
Administrator

January 30, 2009 @ 11:07am
It should be a simple database repair through command line or a package like PHPMyAdmin.

Do they give you access to PHPMyAdmin or something along those lines for database administration? If so, try repairing those two tables that stay In Use. In my version of PHPMyAdmin you get the list of tables when you first log in or select the database. They should all have check boxes next to them, where you can check off the ones having problems. Then at the bottom there should be a dropdown that says "With Selected:", where Repair should be an option. There's no harm in repairing all of them, either, it will just fix the ones that are actually broken.

If that doesn't solve it for you, send an email to with whatever you've got and we'll see what we can do.

David

EDIT: I see in your other post elsewhere (cross posting is a no-no!Tongue ), that you've already tried repairing it and that doesn't work because of the key file issue. It's definitely on the MySQL side of things so your host will need to be the ones to fix it. If they're completely useless you or we could try deleting and rebuilding those two tables. RecentActivity doesn't have any needed content in it. Users obviously contains all the accounts on the site, but if you just have your own account and maybe some you've created those can be recreated. Accounts created by guests to the site might become a problem.

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

Last Edit: January 30, 2009 @ 11:12am by DCSun
macat

January 30, 2009 @ 11:35am
David, thank you for your reply and I am sorry about cross posting, I'm not real familiar with using forums. This has been a headache for over 24 hours so I'm really ready to get it working again. I sent a message to the support email you sent and look forward to any help you can offer ... thanks again!!

Post Message 

Try & Buy FeedForAll - Easy to use RSS Feed Creator - great for iTunes users!

MEMBERS

All Contents, Code, Scripts and Technologies Copyright 2003-2009 FlexCMS.
All Rights Reserved. Software License Agreement

Processing Time: 0.08294 seconds.

Management Login