, Guest!
Already a Member? Login or Register.

Menu

Showcase

Due to the volume of spam happening on our forums, posting is now restricted to verified members only.  If you're not verified, drop us a note with your username.

Home > FlexCMS Support Forum > User Help > General Support Requests > Problem with the Country selection changes.

FlexCMS Support Forum

Problem with the Country selection changes.
Started March 18, 2009 @ 5:52pm by Rory
Post Message 
Rory

Problem with the Country selection changes.March 18, 2009 @ 5:52pm
I get this error display when I try to Manage the Countries. Do you have any ideas?

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'limit 1' at line 1

Also the select all and deselect all does not work.
Cheers
Rory

DCSun
Administrator

March 18, 2009 @ 10:57pm
Rory,

I tried a few sites and wasn't able to duplicate that. Have you made any changes anywhere? Feel free to send us your info at and we can have a look.

David

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

Rory

New Prob!June 24, 2009 @ 7:59am
Sorted the Country problem out. But have a simular problem with View Members List.
When I click on a letter to filter the members it comes up with

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-20,20' at line 1

but only if there is no-one starting with that letter, otherwise it works ok.
Again any ideas? Cant remember what we did to sort the Country one out.

Also I want to put some php into the Header, so it matches the outside header you kindly gave me the script for (they look identical), I've tried all ways to add it into your template but with no luck. Here is what I want to add

<?
session_start();

include('admin/user.php');
$connection = mysql_connect("$host","$user","$password")
or die(mysql_error());
mysql_select_db("$txt_db_name",$connection)
or die(mysql_error());

if ($lgeidsel == "") {
$lgetosel = "1";
} else {
$lgetosel = $_SESSION['lgeidsel'];
}
$query = "SELECT * FROM Leagues WHERE l_id = '$lgetosel' LIMIT 1";
$result = mysql_query($query) or die ("Failed to read rows<br>Debug info: $query");
$num_res = mysql_num_rows($result);

while ($myrow = mysql_fetch_array($result)){
$l_id = $myrow['Id'];
$name = $myrow['name'];

?>
and
<?php
if ($lgetosel == $league_id) {
print "<font size=\"2\"><b>{$name}</b></font>";
} else {
print "";
}
}
?>
Ive tried with and without the connect to db bit.

Re the left side index can you supply me with the code that makes up the small calendar, so it auto changes days and months, so I can use it in my left index outside flex, so clicking on the days still goes to the calendar within flex.
Cheers
Rory

DCSun
Administrator

June 24, 2009 @ 5:34pm
Rory,

It's hard to say what might be causing the MySQL issue with the Members List, I wasn't able to duplicate it here. I'd have to see more of what's going on to be of any help there. If you can try to figure out what you did to fix your problem before that would be a good place to start.

The code that generates the calendar block can be found in index.php from lines 3168 through 3367. The output would all be stored in $FinalContents so you could print that at whatever point you wanted it to appear.

Regarding adding your code somewhere, I presume you're looking for that to appear every time a FlexCMS page is created. There would be two ways to accomplish that -- either in the index.php file or the template.php file for the template you're using. You said 'no luck' but didn't really elaborate on the problem. My best guess from what I see there is a database conflict that's causing some MySQL issues, adding your code to the top of the index.php file and then printing the output to the page later might solve that.

David

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

Rory

EmailJune 24, 2009 @ 7:39pm
Hi David
Thanks for the quick reply, I have emailed you what I have and what I'd like Flex to do for me. If you can help it would be much appreciated.
Many thanks
Rory

Last Edit: June 24, 2009 @ 7:40pm by Rory

Post Message 

Try & Buy FeedForAll - Easy to use RSS Feed Creator - great for iTunes users!

MEMBERS

All Contents, Code, Scripts and Technologies Copyright 2003-2009 FlexCMS.
All Rights Reserved. Software License Agreement

Processing Time: 0.07621 seconds.

Management Login