, Guest!
Already a Member? Login or Register.

Menu

Showcase

Due to the volume of spam happening on our forums, posting is now restricted to verified members only.  If you're not verified, drop us a note with your username.

Home > FlexCMS Support Forum > User Help > General Support Requests > alt text rollover

FlexCMS Support Forum

alt text rollover
Started May 9, 2009 @ 8:01pm by hj
Post Message 
hj

alt text rollover May 9, 2009 @ 8:01pm
How do I make it so that images on my site show an 'alt text' pop up when rolled over?

I'm adding the alt text into the alt text window in the image uploader/manager, but nothing happens when the page is displayed and the image moused over?

thx

DCSun
Administrator

May 9, 2009 @ 9:33pm
Most likely you're using Firefox or something Mozilla based, which doesn't display the ALT attribute, but rather the TITLE attribute (which is called Advisory Title in the editor). IE displays the ALT attribute, and there are various debates about which of them is right. In any case, the option for both is there and a good practice is to fill them both in for maximum compatibility.

David

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

hj

May 9, 2009 @ 9:40pm
Gotcha! Thanks very much, David, works a treat.

I'm liking Flex very muchWink ..... guess my only wish is for some slightly more upbeat template designs! I can't code for toffee, unfortunately, so I'll stick to the provided ones for the timebeing. Of course if I had a list of tags I could probably drop them into GoLive....

:)

cheers
Hugh

Last Edit: May 9, 2009 @ 9:41pm by hj

Post Message 

Try & Buy FeedForAll - Easy to use RSS Feed Creator - great for iTunes users!

MEMBERS

All Contents, Code, Scripts and Technologies Copyright 2003-2009 FlexCMS.
All Rights Reserved. Software License Agreement

Processing Time: 0.07776 seconds.

Management Login