, Guest!
Already a Member? Login or Register.

Menu

Showcase

Due to the volume of spam happening on our forums, posting is now restricted to verified members only.  If you're not verified, drop us a note with your username.

Home > FlexCMS Support Forum > User Help > FAQ's: Templates > Directions for Template Use

FlexCMS Support Forum

Directions for Template Use
Started November 30, 2009 @ 10:27pm by gambledm
Post Message 
gambledm

Directions for Template UseNovember 30, 2009 @ 10:27pm
I am interested in using a template from the template gallery, but don't know how to get started. This would replace the current template on my existing site. Where can I find instructions for changing templates?

Thanks

otter
Administrator

November 30, 2009 @ 10:33pm
Hi Gambledm,

We've got a topic here on how to do that:

http://www.flexcms.com/index.php/forum/thread/148.html

If you have any other questions or problems, please let us know.

Thanks!

otter

ONLINE TRAINING CLASSES FOR FLEXCMS IN MAY: FlexCMS Basics (101), Sat., May, 15, 2010 & FlexCMS Blocks (Mon., May 10, 2010).

gambledm

November 30, 2009 @ 10:44pm
Yep...already read that. Not sure where the templates folder is located? do i create it within my site? Also, can't find the Preferences and Settings tab that is referenced within that thread.
Thanks

otter
Administrator

December 5, 2009 @ 10:52am
Dallas,

You'll find the templates folder where you installed FlexCMS, more than likely in the www or public_html folder.

You may not see the Preferences & Settings link in control panel due to your assigned permission level. If you don't have that link in your control panel, email the person who setup your id to grant you access to that link/area. Cool

Just to make sure you don't have this already, please visit your FlexCMS control panel and you should see on the left side, 5th box down:

Preferences and Settings
- Modify Registration Form Fields
- Manage Countries and Regions
- Modify Site Preferences
- Switch Templates
- Modify Advanced Site Settings
- Maintenance Mode

While you may not have access to all of these based on your permission level, you may see a partial list.

Again, if you don't have Switch Templates, contact your site adiministrator.

Hope that helps you out!

ONLINE TRAINING CLASSES FOR FLEXCMS IN MAY: FlexCMS Basics (101), Sat., May, 15, 2010 & FlexCMS Blocks (Mon., May 10, 2010).

gambledm

December 5, 2009 @ 11:12am
Considering I own the company and I am the only one with a login to the site, then I guess you have to update my privileges. I do have the Preferences and Settings section, but there are only 3 choices. Switch Templates is not one of them.

Please let me know once this is updated.

Thanks,
Dallas

otter
Administrator

December 5, 2009 @ 12:12pm
Hey Dallas,

Am happy to upgrade your permission levels, please send an email to the helpdesk and include the site url(s).

Thanks!

Last Edit: December 5, 2009 @ 12:13pm by otter

Post Message 

Try & Buy FeedForAll - Easy to use RSS Feed Creator - great for iTunes users!

MEMBERS

All Contents, Code, Scripts and Technologies Copyright 2003-2009 FlexCMS.
All Rights Reserved. Software License Agreement

Processing Time: 0.07793 seconds.

Management Login