, Guest!
Already a Member? Login or Register.

Menu

Showcase

Due to the volume of spam happening on our forums, posting is now restricted to verified members only.  If you're not verified, drop us a note with your username.

Home > FlexCMS Support Forum > User Help > General Support Requests > eNewsletter

FlexCMS Support Forum

eNewsletter
Started December 15, 2009 @ 12:18am by welby
Post Message 
welby

eNewsletterDecember 15, 2009 @ 12:18am
Hello.

eNewsletter question.

I am trying to find where to edit the default text below.

"To subscribe to our enewsletter, please enter your email address in the box below and click the "Subscribe" button."

Note: You may easily remove yourself from the newsletter list at any time by following the instructions included with every mailing.

Doesn't appear this is in the block itself.

Thank you.....

welby

DCSun
Administrator

December 15, 2009 @ 1:22pm
Welby,

This is the code I have for that block:

Code

if ($IM['nl']) { print 'To subscribe to our enewsletter, please enter your email address in the box below and click the "Subscribe" button.<br><br><form action="'.$MainURL.'/newsletter/subscribe_submit" method="post"><input type="text" name="Email" size="20" maxlength="50" style="'.$FormStyle.'"><br><input type="submit" value="Subscribe" style="'.$FormStyle.'">
</form><font size="1"><b>Note:</b> You may easily remove yourself from the newsletter list at any time by following the instructions included with every mailing.</font>'; }

I don't know whether you might have a different version of that block? In any case, you can use the one above and edit the text as you wish. Don't forget to add a \ before any single quotes, such as: Don\'t.

David

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

welby

code for newsletterDecember 15, 2009 @ 9:16pm
Hi David.

This is what is the block presently:

print '<a href="'.$MainURL.'/newsletter/subscribe.html" class="BlockColors">Subscribe</a>
<br>
<a href="'.$MainURL.'/newsletter/unsubscribe.html" class="BlockColors">Unsubscribe</a>
<br><br>
<a href="'.$MainURL.'/newsletter/messages/current.html" class="BlockColors">View Last Message</a>
<br>
<a href="'.$MainURL.'/newsletter/messages.html" class="BlockColors">View Archived Messages</a>';

Should I just swap it with what you posted?

Thanks.

welby

Quote (DCSun)

Welby,

This is the code I have for that block:

Code

if ($IM['nl']) { print 'To subscribe to our enewsletter, please enter your email address in the box below and click the "Subscribe" button.<br><br><form action="'.$MainURL.'/newsletter/subscribe_submit" method="post"><input type="text" name="Email" size="20" maxlength="50" style="'.$FormStyle.'"><br><input type="submit" value="Subscribe" style="'.$FormStyle.'">
</form><font size="1"><b>Note:</b> You may easily remove yourself from the newsletter list at any time by following the instructions included with every mailing.</font>'; }

I don't know whether you might have a different version of that block? In any case, you can use the one above and edit the text as you wish. Don't forget to add a before any single quotes, such as: Don't.

David

DCSun
Administrator

December 15, 2009 @ 9:29pm
I don't see where the text you mentioned could be coming from in that code. Are you sure you got the right block?

David

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

Post Message 

Try & Buy FeedForAll - Easy to use RSS Feed Creator - great for iTunes users!

MEMBERS

All Contents, Code, Scripts and Technologies Copyright 2003-2009 FlexCMS.
All Rights Reserved. Software License Agreement

Processing Time: 0.08855 seconds.

Management Login