, Guest!
Already a Member? Login or Register.

Menu

Showcase

Due to the volume of spam happening on our forums, posting is now restricted to verified members only.  If you're not verified, drop us a note with your username.

Home > FlexCMS Support Forum > User Help > FAQ's: Templates > Allowing other file types in Photo Gallery

FlexCMS Support Forum

Allowing other file types in Photo Gallery
Started February 15, 2011 @ 10:33am by roadie02h
Post Message 
roadie02h

Allowing other file types in Photo GalleryFebruary 15, 2011 @ 10:33am
Hello,

Is there a way to modify the types of files accepted in the Photo Gallery? I want a way to transfer and store files. .zip, pdf's, xls, etc...

Thanks,

David

why sleep when I can work...

DCSun
Administrator

February 15, 2011 @ 12:41pm
Hi David,

No, I can't see any way that could happen through the Photo Gallery. It needs to generate a thumbnail and detect the dimensions of the image, so we just use the file types supported by the GD library. Even without that, there's no download process to get the file to the user.

If you're just storing the files for your own use, the File Manager should work just fine. Depending on the permissions granted it can upload anywhere from images to unlimited file types. You could then also link to those files in a page if you wanted to offer them to visitors of your site. And finally we also have a digital goods enhancement for the eCommerce module coming soon (available in beta now if you wish to try it), which allows you to sell any type of file and deliver it securely for a set period of time.

David

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

roadie02h

February 16, 2011 @ 11:06am
David,

Yes I would like to try that! How do I get it?

David

DCSun
Administrator

February 16, 2011 @ 9:26pm
Send $50,000 in unmarked, non-sequential bills. Or drop me an email at . Either works.

David

roadie02h

February 17, 2011 @ 4:57pm
I'll pick option #2
My ex already got option #1

roadie02h

March 7, 2011 @ 7:44pm
I sent you an email.. Did you get it about the software trial??

DCSun
Administrator

March 7, 2011 @ 7:52pm
Recently, or back in mid February? I think I replied and sent you the files. In any case, if you didn't receive them, or I've lost my mind and didn't send them to you, feel free to send again and I'll be sure to take care of it.

David

Post Message 

Try & Buy FeedForAll - Easy to use RSS Feed Creator - great for iTunes users!

MEMBERS

All Contents, Code, Scripts and Technologies Copyright 2003-2009 FlexCMS.
All Rights Reserved. Software License Agreement

Processing Time: 0.07224 seconds.

Management Login