, Guest!
Already a Member? Login or Register.

Menu

Showcase

Due to the volume of spam happening on our forums, posting is now restricted to verified members only.  If you're not verified, drop us a note with your username.

Home > FlexCMS Support Forum > User Help > General Support Requests > Installation under PHP Version 5.3.5

FlexCMS Support Forum

Installation under PHP Version 5.3.5
Started May 15, 2011 @ 7:53pm by Wolf
Post Message 
Wolf
Administrator

Installation under PHP Version 5.3.5 May 15, 2011 @ 7:53pm
Hi David,

I'm trying to install FlexCMS v3.2.1 - May 11, 2010 as a local laptop installation under Windows XP.

During the install I received the normal (successful) messages:

Writing Test Files:
Main directory test file written successfully
Images directory not present (no write test required)
Test files written successfully.

Installation Location: http://localhost/flex
License Level: Free

Database Successfully Connected! Running MySQL Version 5.5.8
Directories Created: 55
Files Created: 1061

Then, when Flex goes to split the files in install.php I receive the following PHP error message:

Deprecated: Function split() is deprecated in C:xampphtdocsflexinstall.php on line 626
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM' at line 1

The line in question is:
$FileLines = split("n", $FileContentsString);

In this version of PHP, split() is depreciated. So I tried using explode() instead:
$FileLines = explode('n' , $FileContentsString);

But I now recieve this error message:
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM; INSERT INTO `cl-EventDates` (`RecordNumber`, `EventID`, `DateCode`' at line 1

Can you think of alternate suggestions? I've tried various other functions, but with similar results.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Wolf

DCSun
Administrator

May 15, 2011 @ 8:05pm
Wolf,

You could go through the .sql file that's now there in the installation folder (created by the installation package) and remove all instances of "Type=MyISAM" and see if that does anything for you. You'll probably have to make that file read only so the installer doesn't overwrite it on the next run through.

Failing that, you could also take a database dump from an existing site and I can give you a license key that will work for "http://localhost/flex".

It's possible it's just not going to work. I've had it working on a couple occasions, but those localhost server packages make a number of changes to things like PHP and MySQL that sometimes are too much to overcome.

David

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

Post Message 

Try & Buy FeedForAll - Easy to use RSS Feed Creator - great for iTunes users!

MEMBERS

All Contents, Code, Scripts and Technologies Copyright 2003-2009 FlexCMS.
All Rights Reserved. Software License Agreement

Processing Time: 0.07521 seconds.

Management Login