, Guest!
Already a Member? Login or Register.

Menu

Showcase

Due to the volume of spam happening on our forums, posting is now restricted to verified members only.  If you're not verified, drop us a note with your username.

Home > FlexCMS Support Forum > User Help > General Support Requests > An experience...

FlexCMS Support Forum

An experience...
Started August 11, 2012 @ 11:38am by Wolf
Post Message 
Wolf

An experience...August 11, 2012 @ 11:38am
Not really a support request, more an observation and something for my fellow adventurists to be aware of...
:-)

I had a Menu Block setup, with one of the links going to a PDF file. As a personal preference I have my PDF's open in a new window so the user keeps the originating page open and is more likely to visit other pages.

This link opened the PDF in the same browser window causing users to have to press the browser back button to get back to the site.

Knowing that FlexCMS allows me to include live HTML code in a wide variety of places, I thought I'd be clever and include

Code

,target=_blank

(proper quotes removed for the editor)

at the end of the link in my block. (all the while "thinking" it probably wouldn't work) Well, obviously it didn't work. But when I went back to delete the link... I was unable to edit ANY links in the block!

I KNOW, I KNOW, the best way to do it would have been to use a custom block and then I would have had a place to specify the extra HTML code... but you know... sometime we take shortcuts and all...
:-{ LOL

The long and short of it is, I ended up having to duplicate the links in a Custom Block and delete the old Menu Block because I could no longer edit it.

:T

DCSun
Administrator

August 11, 2012 @ 4:17pm
Hi Ray,

Ya now that you mention that I think I've done that before too. Next time we're working in that area I'll see if we can include an option for the link to open in a new window.

Dave

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

Wolf

font color code alsoDecember 23, 2012 @ 12:34pm
Did it again... tried getting fancy with one of my menu blocks... I'd added a new page link and wanted to emphasize it by making it RED.... added <font color="red"> xyz </font> and now can't edit ANY of the links in the block.

Should I try it again? Maybe third time's the charm! (not) LOL

Looks like I'll be recreating the menu block from scratch again. Loopy

DCSun
Administrator

December 23, 2012 @ 12:56pm
Hey Wolf,

Ya unfortunately anything with quotes (pretty much any HTML then) is going to break the JavaScript code of that little interface.

Dave

Wolf

Happy HolidayDecember 23, 2012 @ 3:20pm
Wishing you a Happy Holiday!

Thanks for all you do, as always!

DCSun
Administrator

December 23, 2012 @ 3:23pm
Safe and happy holidays to you as well!

Dave

Post Message 

Try & Buy FeedForAll - Easy to use RSS Feed Creator - great for iTunes users!

MEMBERS

All Contents, Code, Scripts and Technologies Copyright 2003-2009 FlexCMS.
All Rights Reserved. Software License Agreement

Processing Time: 0.44845 seconds.

Management Login