, Guest!
Already a Member? Login or Register.

Menu

Showcase

Due to the volume of spam happening on our forums, posting is now restricted to verified members only.  If you're not verified, drop us a note with your username.

Home > FlexCMS Support Forum > User Help > General Support Requests > 403 error when saving pages.

FlexCMS Support Forum

403 error when saving pages.
Started June 20, 2007 @ 5:18pm by notdodgy
Post Message 
notdodgy

403 error when saving pages.June 20, 2007 @ 5:18pm
When saving a page I get

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /index/admin/pages-edit-save on this server.

Permissions against the files seem ok, I have noticed that some files are owned by www and some by my userid.
problem happens using different web browsers.

Roger

DCSun
Administrator

June 20, 2007 @ 5:34pm
Roger,

There shouldn't be any file writing involved when saving a page in FlexCMS, as it's all stored in the database.

The path you posted there is "/index/admin/pages-edit-save". Is that exactly as it appears? If so, have you changed any settings to use "index" instead of "index.php"?

David

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

notdodgy

June 20, 2007 @ 7:33pm
Yes, I am using index, but also have a copy called index.php

I have

Code

<Files index>
ForceType application/x-httpd-php
</Files>

in .htaccess

Any suggestions?

Roger

DCSun
Administrator

June 20, 2007 @ 7:49pm
Roger,

Is this a new installation/host/server, or was this an existing setup that just started having problems?

Where does this error happen? Just saving page changes or other places too?

I would first try going back to index.php in your Script Name setting just to try and eliminate possible causes.

David

notdodgy

June 20, 2007 @ 8:23pm
I think I know what the problem is.
The page contains php code and somehow some of the tag symbol <'s have been changed to & l t ; (without the spaces).

This seems to cause problems when the page is posted back.

I recall having this problem before.

See http://www.flexcms.com/index.php/forum/thread/78.html

Thanks

Roger

Last Edit: June 20, 2007 @ 8:27pm by notdodgy
DCSun
Administrator

June 20, 2007 @ 8:38pm
Roger,

The contents of the page shouldn't have any effect on what happens after it's saved. And even more than that I can't imagine how anything like that would create a server side error like you described.

You said in the beginning that the owners of some of the files were different. What is the ownership and permission level of the inc-core-pages-edit-save.php file relative to index.php?

David

notdodgy

June 21, 2007 @ 5:05am
Hi,

I do not think it is file permissions as I can create, edit and save new and existing pages without problem.

Roger

otter
Administrator

June 21, 2007 @ 10:04am
Hi Roger,

Some of the questions we've asked haven't been fully answered and at this point it's best if you send us your server information, username/password for both your site and FTP to our support email so we can take a closer look for you.

Please do not list any of your information here, send an email to and we'll take this offline and help you figure it out.

Thanks,

Kel

ONLINE TRAINING CLASSES FOR FLEXCMS IN MAY: FlexCMS Basics (101), Sat., May, 15, 2010 & FlexCMS Blocks (Mon., May 10, 2010).

Last Edit: June 21, 2007 @ 4:32pm by DCSun
notdodgy

June 22, 2007 @ 6:55am
Thanks for sorting this.

Problem was a security feature in PHP - it was trapping an fopen command in the page text.
(Page was displaying RSS feeds)

fopen(... fails fopen (... works

Roger

Post Message 

Try & Buy FeedForAll - Easy to use RSS Feed Creator - great for iTunes users!

MEMBERS

All Contents, Code, Scripts and Technologies Copyright 2003-2009 FlexCMS.
All Rights Reserved. Software License Agreement

Processing Time: 0.07408 seconds.

Management Login