, Guest!
Already a Member? Login or Register.

Menu

Showcase

Due to the volume of spam happening on our forums, posting is now restricted to verified members only.  If you're not verified, drop us a note with your username.

Home > FlexCMS Support Forum > User Help > General Support Requests > Install Problem

FlexCMS Support Forum

Install Problem
Started September 5, 2007 @ 10:53am by yorkcoparamedic
Post Message 
yorkcoparamedic

Install problemSeptember 5, 2007 @ 10:53am
I just installed the files as stated in instructions. ran the instaler and got the following error.

Database Successfully Connected! Running MySQL Version 4.0.16

Directories Created:
Warning: chmod(): Operation not permitted in /home/chesapea/public_html/install.php on line 534

Files Created: 457

You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=225' at li

What does this mean and how do I fix it? when I visit my sites main page it displays this error on the page.

Table 'chesapea_cms.core-Settings' doesn't exist

Please help,
Charles

Last Edit: September 5, 2007 @ 10:55am by yorkcoparamedic
DCSun
Administrator

September 5, 2007 @ 11:45am
Hi Charles,

Sorry to hear you're having problems.

There are a couple separate issues there. The CHMOD warning is PHP not being able to write to a file or folder. My guess would be that's the "images" folder, which probably already existed and was owned by a different user, so it couldn't change the permissions on it. Probably not a big deal if you don't encounter any other problems when you start using your site.

As for the MySQL error, we've seen that a few times lately, and always on sites running MySQL 4.0.27. We presume there might be an issue with that version or versions in that range, which prevent it from working properly with the "default charset" portion of the queries. You can find additional information on a related thread here.

As far as getting it fixed and getting FlexCMS installed on your site, you can either send us your FTP and database information, along with the settings you entered into the installation package (site name, email, etc) to and we'll take care of it for you, or we can provide you with a modified installation package which you can try.

David

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

Post Message 

Try & Buy FeedForAll - Easy to use RSS Feed Creator - great for iTunes users!

MEMBERS

All Contents, Code, Scripts and Technologies Copyright 2003-2009 FlexCMS.
All Rights Reserved. Software License Agreement

Processing Time: 0.07831 seconds.

Management Login