, Guest!
Already a Member? Login or Register.

Menu

Showcase

Due to the volume of spam happening on our forums, posting is now restricted to verified members only.  If you're not verified, drop us a note with your username.

Home > FlexCMS Support Forum > General > Feature Requests > Guest book Entry Approval

FlexCMS Support Forum

Guest book Entry Approval
Started January 6, 2006 @ 8:22am by notdodgy
(This thread is currently Locked) 
notdodgy

Guest book Entry ApprovalJanuary 6, 2006 @ 8:22am
Hi,

The guest book on a web site I look after for my brother in law (A blind user) keeps getting spam messages left in it.
Is it possible to have an approval system, so that messages are approved before being displayed.
It would be good if it would send an email to a named contact to advise them of the new guest book entry.

(For my brother it would be ideal if he could reply or follow a link to approve / reject the entry in a similar way to signing up for the newsletter).

Thanks

Roger

notdodgy

Any ideas?February 8, 2006 @ 7:48pm
Hi,

This problem is such that we were considering abandoning the guest book facility.

I have implemented a quick fix and have added another field in the GB messages table called "Approved".
Default value is 0.
The SQL in the main GB display has been amended to include a where approved > 0 clause.
Simply editing / save of an entry now updates the approved field to 1.
And the approved status is shown on the manage and edit pages.

Ideally we would want a notification of a new GB message.

Roger

DCSun
Administrator

February 8, 2006 @ 9:40pm
Roger,

Most likely the next version will contain a combination of those two (options for both an email notification of a new entry, and the ability to approve them before being added).

Thanks for your suggestions and feedback.

David

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

otter
Administrator

DONE: Released in version 2.0June 7, 2006 @ 9:59pm
Two guestbook improvements to help prevent spamming and unwanted garbage. First, a new system has been developed to help prevent automated submissions to the guestbook. This has also been applied to the other email forms on the site, such as the message board and articles.

In addition to this, an approval system has also been added, which you may enable or disable based on your needs. Optional email notifications can also been sent to an address of your choosing, letting you know there?s been a new posting that needs your attention.

ONLINE TRAINING CLASSES FOR FLEXCMS IN MAY: FlexCMS Basics (101), Sat., May, 15, 2010 & FlexCMS Blocks (Mon., May 10, 2010).

(This thread is currently Locked) 

Try & Buy FeedForAll - Easy to use RSS Feed Creator - great for iTunes users!

MEMBERS

All Contents, Code, Scripts and Technologies Copyright 2003-2009 FlexCMS.
All Rights Reserved. Software License Agreement

Processing Time: 0.09118 seconds.

Management Login