, Guest!
Already a Member? Login or Register.

Menu

Showcase

Due to the volume of spam happening on our forums, posting is now restricted to verified members only.  If you're not verified, drop us a note with your username.

Home > FlexCMS Support Forum > User Help > General Support Requests > CALENDAR QUESTION

FlexCMS Support Forum

CALENDAR QUESTION
Started August 10, 2006 @ 10:07pm by cberks
Post Message 
cberks

CALENDAR QUESTIONAugust 10, 2006 @ 10:07pm
What are the "current dates" and "grid" options in calendar preferences -- I cannot find any ref in the online manual

Current Dates Options:
Number Shown:
No more than days ago,
and within the next days.

Grid Options:
Number Location:

DCSun
Administrator

August 10, 2006 @ 11:14pm
The dates for an event are broken up into three categories; past, current, and future dates. Past dates obviously have already happened and future dates are obviously still to come. Current dates are within a period you can specify in the preferences, and essentially are just highlighted as being in the near future relative to the current date.

The reason this was done is because you might have an event with many different dates (Halloween, for example, has all the dates through to 2010, along with the other main holidays), but you wouldn't want a huge list of them all, especially when they're years in the past or future. So this way it only shows them if they're coming up soon, along with links to view the past and future dates if you want to (you'll see this in your calendar if you click on a holiday).

The "No more than ___ days ago and within the next ___ days" section in the preferences is used to set up that range. If you wanted the current dates section to contain dates from the current day out to 90 days in the future, you would put 0 in the first box and 90 in the second.

As for the grid options, that simply controls how the main calendar page grid looks.

You can control the position of the day numbers within each box (top left, top center, top right, bottom left, bottom center, bottom right).

You can also modify the item prefix (what's added before each event), such as a star (*) or tilde (~). Some have also used a small image in there, which creates a nice look as well.

David

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

Forfyv

repeating eventsMay 24, 2008 @ 1:58pm
I don't see any way of creating a repeating event, such as a birthday, etc.

Did I miss something or will this be something that we can look forward to in a future release?

DCSun
Administrator

May 24, 2008 @ 4:01pm

Quote (Forfyv)

I don't see any way of creating a repeating event, such as a birthday, etc.

Did I miss something or will this be something that we can look forward to in a future release?

You are correct, that doesn't currently exist in the FlexCMS calendar system. It becomes fairly complicated, but it's something we've had requested before and will probably take another look at in the future.

In the meantime you can add the event fairly easily to numerous years by simply adding multiple dates to the list when you create the event.

David

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

Forfyv

May 24, 2008 @ 6:39pm

Quote (DCSun)

You are correct, that doesn't currently exist in the FlexCMS calendar system. It becomes fairly complicated, but it's something we've had requested before and will probably take another look at in the future.

In the meantime you can add the event fairly easily to numerous years by simply adding multiple dates to the list when you create the event.

David

yep, it can get weird. I have seen calendars that do it, I'll take a look. Maybe I can cobble something together.

Post Message 

Try & Buy FeedForAll - Easy to use RSS Feed Creator - great for iTunes users!

MEMBERS

All Contents, Code, Scripts and Technologies Copyright 2003-2009 FlexCMS.
All Rights Reserved. Software License Agreement

Processing Time: 0.08161 seconds.

Management Login