, Guest!
Already a Member? Login or Register.

Menu

Showcase

Due to the volume of spam happening on our forums, posting is now restricted to verified members only.  If you're not verified, drop us a note with your username.

Home > FlexCMS Support Forum > User Help > FAQ's: Contact Form > Stopping spam from external domains

FlexCMS Support Forum

Stopping spam from external domains
Started July 11, 2007 @ 2:44pm by wilson765
Post Message 
wilson765

Stopping spam from external domainsJuly 11, 2007 @ 2:44pm
Hi,

Just renewed my years subscription and looking forward to another great year with flex.

Have recently noticed a lot of spam via my contact form.

I know from using other contact forms that you can stop people submitting data to the php form file from their external domains.

Is it possible to stop this in flex?

Steve

DCSun
Administrator

July 11, 2007 @ 10:02pm
Hi Steve,

I'm not sure exactly what method you're referring to with other packages, but we do have some spam prevention measures available in the FlexCMS system.

The full version install of 2.5 includes these updates, however since many users modify their contact forms the upgrade can't safely apply the changes.

If you're either using a version older than 2.5, or initially installed an older version and upgraded, you can simply update the code in the contact and contact-submit pages with that from here: http://www.flexcms.com/index.php/forum/thread/251.html.

David

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

notdodgy

Cannot save new contact codeJuly 14, 2007 @ 6:33pm
Hi, I tried posting the code from
http://www.flexcms.com/index.php/forum/thread/251.html

However the edited page would not save.
"Internal Server Error - The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request."

Any suggestions?

otter
Administrator

July 14, 2007 @ 7:52pm
Hi Roger,

Since this is a server level error, and not a PHP script error, the problem is related to something on your server. If you have PHPSuExec in use there could be one or more PHP files which have permissions higher than allowed (generally 755).

The other possibility is something related to the server security where they're filtering for spam or other malicious code, which will need to be altered or bypassed to update the page.

ONLINE TRAINING CLASSES FOR FLEXCMS IN MAY: FlexCMS Basics (101), Sat., May, 15, 2010 & FlexCMS Blocks (Mon., May 10, 2010).

notdodgy

solutionJuly 16, 2007 @ 5:38am
Thanks, I suspected as much having had a similar thing happen on another script.

I may just paste the page in using phpmyadmin.

Roger

Post Message 

Try & Buy FeedForAll - Easy to use RSS Feed Creator - great for iTunes users!

MEMBERS

All Contents, Code, Scripts and Technologies Copyright 2003-2009 FlexCMS.
All Rights Reserved. Software License Agreement

Processing Time: 0.07176 seconds.

Management Login